Nursery en progress

My darling mother and I are deep in the midst of a massive sewing project that includes basically the whole nursery bedding. Weeellll if we're being honest.... I'm my mom's sewing mignon and she's the driving force making sure that it's actually going to A. fit the crib B. look decent and C. that we actually read the directions and follow them. I don't like long sets of directions and I don't like to read the whole set of directions before starting. I like diving right in with scissors.... Which is why you see my momma measuring and see my little hand only sewing the seams. I let her do the hard parts too or the it would be lopsided.

As you can see above the fuchsia polka dot is the crib skirt- I even put it on lopsided- I blame the crib mattress, it was straight until I plunked that sucker on there. So one piece down!

While we were doing all this measuring and cutting I had the desire to measure myself. Big. Mistake. It's depressing when your stomach surpasses your husbands waist..... and then some. Damn that thin man I'm married to. He has still yet to put on ANY sympathy weight.

Said thin man taping off the one wall in the nursery that we're painting. Since we're renting I don't want to paint back 4 walls. Just makes me tired to think about it. Not like James actually let me paint or even come in the room while he was painting but still.

As you can see we picked a pale blue- technical name Frosty- for our accent wall. I didn't want it to look like pink threw up in her room so I'm offsetting the pink bedding with the blue accent in the floral that will go on her crib blanket. I love how it turned out and I'm super excited to put up the curtains.... once mom and I sew them of course. My nimble little hands will get right on that. I just hope we have time to finish before this little one finds the escape hatch and joins us on the outside.





Comments

Kat said…
So cute! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Anonymous said…
Fun pics! What's next -- curtains or quilt????

Popular Posts