Crafting with college roomies

This past weekend my college roommate and one of my all around favorite people ever came to visit! No reason but just because, which makes it even more special! Jolene and I met in the hallway of our freshman dorm and I thought she looked like cool peeps so I invited her to a movie.She decided I was going to be her friend if I liked it or not. And so it was.

Jolene and I spent most of the time talking (surprising I'm sure), shopping and crafting. James entered the picture to make omelets, haul stuff and make excellent mochas. He's really a wonderful husband who says "no I'll clean the kitchen, you go talk some more" and totally missed his calling as a barista. If this whole pilot thing doesn't work out then Starbucks would be lucky to have him.

Jolene was an art major in college and is a wonderful artist so what do you do when she comes to visit? Um... ask her to help with nursery decor! We are still working on getting the nursery put together and decorated but I've been pinning lots of ideas for wall decor. Jolene came in to help me organize all these ideas and make them happen. She's also got a excellent eye for color so she helped me color match all the paint for the canvases. And to brag a little more, on the small canvases she free handed different pieces she saw from the fabric onto them for me. Um.... totally freaking cool! I'm totally into crafts but sometimes don't know how to make them happen when there aren't step by step directions. So it was super cool to see some of the nursery come to life! Finished pictures of the nursery to come later.

It seemed like the visit went by way to quickly and I'm already scheming ways to get out to Atlanta to see her and her precious son. This whole giving birth is going to make it a little um longer than I'd like but we'll get there! James is already dreaming of golfing with ATL on those oh so luscious courses that actually have nice green grass. Isn't it just lucky for us that Southwest just started flying to Atlanta.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Can't wait to see what you two created! It was so fun to see you, Jolene! Come back soon -- with your guys, of course!

Popular Posts