Goodbye to You
It's been a long and illustrious relationship but it's time to say goodbye.
It's not that I don't love you.... I do.... only I love you too much.
It's not you. It's me.
I've become a little too obsessed with you. I like you and nothing else. It's a problem. I need to get back to my other friends.... I haven't seen them in quite some time.
So it's time to say goodbye to this addiction. For good. No go backs. So I bid you adieu, sweet friend. Adieu.

I've decided to end my 10 year affair with my love, my obsession, my diet coke. If only because I think it's eating the lining of my stomach. Seriously. And I think drinking 3 to 4 cans a day and only having 2 glasses of water is effecting me. I know. I'm bad. But it's like crack when it touches my lips. So sweet and velvety. It was a love that developed in the deep recesses of the JMC lab in college- I'm thankful that my other college love, the poptart, didn't leave such an impression. I was love at first sip and only proved to be a gateway drug to other more potent drugs such as Red Bull. Sigh. It's shameful.
So I've said goodbye. It's been nearly 2 weeks. I couldn't dare write about or speak it out loud before now. I've tried to quit before... sigh... but have not been successful. It was really a hard road. I felt ill for a good four days. Headaches, stomaches, heartaches. But going through those withdraws only strengthened my resolve. It has to be unnatural to have withdrawals from freakin soda. I tried to go cold turkey but I was so sick and damn irritable that James convinced me to ween myself instead.
I'm not sayin that I'll never have a soda again. Maybe once in a while. But I can never go back to my 3 can a day habit. I'm doing this for my stomach! For my teeth! For my pocket book!
I only pray that ice tea can sustain me and I will not develop a similar addiction to tea. I'm slightly nervous that I've already had 2 glasses of tea and a joint juice today. Off to chug more water!
It's not that I don't love you.... I do.... only I love you too much.
It's not you. It's me.
I've become a little too obsessed with you. I like you and nothing else. It's a problem. I need to get back to my other friends.... I haven't seen them in quite some time.
So it's time to say goodbye to this addiction. For good. No go backs. So I bid you adieu, sweet friend. Adieu.

I've decided to end my 10 year affair with my love, my obsession, my diet coke. If only because I think it's eating the lining of my stomach. Seriously. And I think drinking 3 to 4 cans a day and only having 2 glasses of water is effecting me. I know. I'm bad. But it's like crack when it touches my lips. So sweet and velvety. It was a love that developed in the deep recesses of the JMC lab in college- I'm thankful that my other college love, the poptart, didn't leave such an impression. I was love at first sip and only proved to be a gateway drug to other more potent drugs such as Red Bull. Sigh. It's shameful.
So I've said goodbye. It's been nearly 2 weeks. I couldn't dare write about or speak it out loud before now. I've tried to quit before... sigh... but have not been successful. It was really a hard road. I felt ill for a good four days. Headaches, stomaches, heartaches. But going through those withdraws only strengthened my resolve. It has to be unnatural to have withdrawals from freakin soda. I tried to go cold turkey but I was so sick and damn irritable that James convinced me to ween myself instead.
I'm not sayin that I'll never have a soda again. Maybe once in a while. But I can never go back to my 3 can a day habit. I'm doing this for my stomach! For my teeth! For my pocket book!
I only pray that ice tea can sustain me and I will not develop a similar addiction to tea. I'm slightly nervous that I've already had 2 glasses of tea and a joint juice today. Off to chug more water!
Comments