Babymoon!

James and I headed over to Lowes Ventana Canyon for a little babymoon- well as much of one as we're gonna get! It was a rare weekend that James didn't have to work so I wasted no time booking us two nights away. We are both busy people- literally and figuratively- if we are home we are doing/going/making/fixing so I decided that to save ourselves from well, ourselves, get away!

We spent time at the pool lounging in the shade and reading magazines which was so nice and rare. I even had a book and had no desire to read it....whaaaat??? The baby must be sucking the will out of me. James didn't even have any problems settling back with a golf mag to read. I did make us a sack lunch to take to the pool because I break into hives at the thought of paying $16 for a limp salad. I did end up craving some fries but they were actually good.

I again was rocking out with my bump out thanks to a borrowed bikini from my mom. I don't know how much longer I'll be in regular people swimsuits though. I got a couple of looks from other pool goers but compared to the cretins of the deep end I thought I was doing good. I actually got in the water which is rare for me. I am afraid of the ocean and grossed out by pools which usually means I'm reading poolside with no intention of getting in. James says I must change my views before we have kids. I put my gross fears aside and hung with James for a while. And then the vindication.... the pool was shut down that night because someone vomited in it. I dry heaved at the thought.

Our first night we headed out to dinner at La Encantada with my mom and Peter to celebrate my mom's retirement. Of course I have no picture of the 4 of us... sigh. It was so delish and a co-workers borrowed dress fit the occasion perfectly. Desserts are back in and I am gobbling up the sweets these days so a chocolate dessert topped me off just perfect after my pasta. The baby loved it.

We were blessed with some not scorching weather on our second morning so we had a leisurely breakfast on the patio and walked up to see Ventana's waterfall. We are quite the cynics and are sure they pump water into the waterfall to make it work in the dead of summer. I mean we do live in the desert.

And then I swooned and had to be taken to the room to recline while James fed me grapes and I was fanned gently. Or..... I got too hot and we headed back to the room to glug some water and watch an episode of Deadwood. Yup, that's more like it.

For our last night we headed to The Abbey- which I've been wanting to try forever but is almost 30 minutes from our house. It was delish! James and I couldn't agree on a dessert so we each got our own..... that is a rare occurrence. We are both old people now so we were in bed by 10 pm both nights. Party animals we are not.

Now it's back to real life and exciting things like taking stuff to Goodwill! Cleaning the garage! Painting the nursery! YEA!!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What fun! Peter and I will have to try the Abbey. Glad you guys had a chance to relax! Love Ventana!
Betsy said…
You should! But make reservs before you go- it's a popular joint

Popular Posts