South Carolina Duplex Wife
Annnnnnnd we're back in South Carolina.
I am happy happy girl to be in the same state as James for at least a little while. Our situation has changed from the last time I visited. James upgraded from the living room floor to a room of his own at the duplex so that means I got to have a free (Hallelujah!) place to stay this time. There is only one catch.....
It feels like a frat house. Memories of the place James lived when we were dating but maybe just a little worse. There are currently 3 boys and me living there. And a whole lot of dirt.
When I arrived there was a futon and a TV sitting on a dilapidated dresser in James' room. The futon had just a pad on it that you could feel every bar grinding into your back. So the day after I got here I was off to Walmart to get a mattress pad which has made it bearable but by no means comfortable. I still need to locate a vacuum in the pad because there are weird tuffs of something in the corners. I did unpack my stuff with hangars that I had sent with James and spruced up our bed with a throw blanket. So its acceptable now but sparse.
The bathroom has been scrubbed by one amazing husband but still looks dingy. I just think its old but it creeps me out. I keep expecting a bug to jump out at me or something. Don't even get me started on the kitchen..... there were doritos in the burners on the stove and a pile of dishes in the sink that who knows what is growing on them... shudder. I did see the only roommate that actually uses the kitchen head toward it with a mop and some dish soap as I was leaving today so we'll see what it looks like when I get back. I think he was mildly embarrassed...
Besides the bachelor pad, everything is going nicely out here. I know my way around know so I don't spend as much time lost and sometimes we catch a break in the scheduling to spend some time together. James didn't report until noon yesterday so we got to go to Surfside Beach together which was really nice. We are not so lucky for the next couple of days... today is especially unlucky because its raining today. Hopefully it will clear up tomorrow!
So I'm at the library killing time.... waitin for my man. Just 5 more hours until he gets off :)
I am happy happy girl to be in the same state as James for at least a little while. Our situation has changed from the last time I visited. James upgraded from the living room floor to a room of his own at the duplex so that means I got to have a free (Hallelujah!) place to stay this time. There is only one catch.....
It feels like a frat house. Memories of the place James lived when we were dating but maybe just a little worse. There are currently 3 boys and me living there. And a whole lot of dirt.
When I arrived there was a futon and a TV sitting on a dilapidated dresser in James' room. The futon had just a pad on it that you could feel every bar grinding into your back. So the day after I got here I was off to Walmart to get a mattress pad which has made it bearable but by no means comfortable. I still need to locate a vacuum in the pad because there are weird tuffs of something in the corners. I did unpack my stuff with hangars that I had sent with James and spruced up our bed with a throw blanket. So its acceptable now but sparse.
The bathroom has been scrubbed by one amazing husband but still looks dingy. I just think its old but it creeps me out. I keep expecting a bug to jump out at me or something. Don't even get me started on the kitchen..... there were doritos in the burners on the stove and a pile of dishes in the sink that who knows what is growing on them... shudder. I did see the only roommate that actually uses the kitchen head toward it with a mop and some dish soap as I was leaving today so we'll see what it looks like when I get back. I think he was mildly embarrassed...
Besides the bachelor pad, everything is going nicely out here. I know my way around know so I don't spend as much time lost and sometimes we catch a break in the scheduling to spend some time together. James didn't report until noon yesterday so we got to go to Surfside Beach together which was really nice. We are not so lucky for the next couple of days... today is especially unlucky because its raining today. Hopefully it will clear up tomorrow!
So I'm at the library killing time.... waitin for my man. Just 5 more hours until he gets off :)

Comments