The luck of the Irish

So while I'm not entirely sure I'm Irish by birth (I know I'm German and English for sure) I've married into an Irish clan- I mean what else can the Campbells be? So I claim Ireland now.

But they have not claimed me.

Neither has their luck.

James is off flitting around South Carolina- you know- sunning himself, eating, reading novels on the beach and generally having a good time without me. Um. Wait. Nope that's not James... but he IS away. And he IS my mechanic. And when the mechanic is away the cars will play.

I trot out to my car yesterday morning to meet Candy for some yoga and my car refuses to start. I sigh. I leave James a pouty message on his phone since he refuses to answer because *gasp* he's working. I call Candy to groan to her about missing yoga to deal with said stupid Acura and she volunteers to give me a lift. Yeah! I still get to go to yoga and after yoga we try charging the battery with something Candy had in the garage. It doesn't work- we're not sure if it was user error or if the battery was just that far gone. So the car is still dead. And there are no jumper cables in sight. And although Candy and I are spry and smart... we just couldn't make it work. Candy gets an A+ for being a valiant friend.

But alas- I have two cars! James has so lovingly left the Cavalier in my possession. I figure I'll just hop in the Cavalier and go get a new battery. Not like I'd know what to do with it but my train of thought hasn't matured enough to get me there. I try to turn it on. Nothing. Sigh times two. So I have two cars and neither of them deem me worthy enough to work.

So I call my mother in law, Billie, owner of the hot rod shop. She really must groan when she sees me call because right about every 5th call is about my silly, stupid, unfaithful, never working car. Did I mention I was down at the shop not 3 days earlier to get something else estimated?? But she loves me and volunteers to got procure not one but TWO batteries for me with the shops discount but then borrow someone from the shop to install not one but TWO batteries in my car. Now that is love. So now we have two working cars. At least for another couple days and then my car may blow up.

James has been placating me with the hope of a new car (well new to me) this fall. And I say fall has arrived! I'm ready to turn my lemon in! I think I (and my in-laws) have suffered enough!

Comments

Popular Posts