Hot Rods and Hot Rides

So when your husband's family owns a hot rod shop there are benefits. Like say being the only 2002 Acura RSX they work on frequently for free. Or having the best junk yard hook ups for procuring used parts for afore mentioned 2002 Acura RSX. Or having an in house body painter that can buff and re-paint a bumper for one 2002 Acura RSX. And the list goes on... but do you see the pattern? Do you ask yourself why the 2004 Chevy Caviler is never on that list? I do too.

The other side benefit is that you get to see lots of cars- feakin cool cars- come through the shop. And then you start wanting one yourself... and your husband gets the urge to build one. With his own two hands. Now James is a handy guy with the autos- he changes our oil himself, replaces breaks and does general "there is a weird noise coming from the car" diagnostic work but he doesn't... say... have superior fabricating skills like ... say... his brother. But whatever, he'd learn.

I have taken the liberty of selecting a few cars that I wouldn't mind driving for his consideration.
Example A- the 1967 Shelby Cobra....now I like this guy. Maybe different colors, tires, ect but all in all a cute car to buzz around town in. James also likes this one. Its a little expensive though... unless we do it from a kit...I'm not convinced. I feel like I would need to have something British on to drive this... like a British flag shirt or something Austin Powers esque.
Option B: the 1959 MGA... sigh. So pretty... so cute... so classy. I could totally drive this guy. Another bonus... less expensive than the Cobra. I'd want white walls on that puppy though. I would want a straw beach hat with large white sunglasses for this one.And lastly- the 1954 MG... now this guy is a classic. I would totally love this but James doesn't like it as much.... If we're going to get a classic car- why wouldn't we go all the way?! I would totally buy a flapper hat and cashmere scarf to drive this guy.

Ok, so maybe these are the most fuel efficient cars and they do only have 2 seats. We may have to strap out kids to the fenders but still....

I am undecided though... we'll have to see which one wins out when we finally get one. Although it will probably look like this when it comes into the Campbell family.
Anyone have any votes???

Comments

Popular Posts