Wicked Weekend

It's Girls Trip Weekend again!!! Every 6 months Anna, Candy and I try and get out of town without those clingers we call husbands... anyone who knows my husband knows he's really not clingy! But their lives did fall apart while we were gone for not even three days... there were tales of late night escapades and James was an odd shade of lobster red when I returned. But enough about them!
Thanks to Anna being prego she got to preboard and we all got seats together on our short hop over to San Diego. It was very swishy. Candy told me that bumpy was not the right word to describe it, so I deemed it swishy. As in my stomach was swishing around in my body and I reached for the vomit bag to clutch in my clamy little hands like a security blanket.
After our flight landed we headed over to Candy's friend Scotts house to impose three women on him. He did really well with sharing his one bathroom with three chicks for a weekend. He did miss the part where I was standing on his kitchen chair curling my hair in the mirror above his entertainment center though.
On Saturday we hit the mall hard. With a "we are not on a time crunch because there are no husbands impatiently pacing the floor" vengeance. We spent 2 hours in H&M alone. Notice the gleeful look on my face when snuggling with my bag.
The other highlight of our weekend was going to see Wicked! I have been dying to see Wicked for an eternity but the metropolis of Tucson has not been graced with its presence yet. We got dressed up and I got to wear my new dress that did not make the cut for the funeral (thanks mom!) which was so appropriate since it was green and black!
The above picture is what you end up with when you ask total strangers with no camera know how to take your picture in front of the Wicked sign. Wicked was fantastic other than our seats. We had the cheapy seats and i had to lean forward for half of the performance to see the green blob on the stage that I'm told was Elphabla. I will see Wicked again but will spring for some better tixs.
We headed home on Sunday all too soon. We didn't even get to see the beach! The weather was beautiful and I wished we could have stayed longer. We did learn some lessons this trip. The Garmin GPS is far superior to the Magellen. The PT Cruiser while not fashionable has some get up and go. Do Not Fly to San Diego in the month of August, it's just a mess. Always offer your skill set to others, such as offering to sew up a pair of favorite shorts, they might really be thrilled.
So another girls weekend is over too soon. We are going to have trouble scheduling the next one in six months because Anna is going to be busy, like, giving birth or something. We've decided to fly where no one else wants to fly because it's just easier to non-rev where no one wants to go... so on the menu are Boise, Kansas City or Washington, DC.

Comments