Closet Challenge!


Ok so James will tell you I have much more space in the closet than him. It's only justified really since I have three times the amount of clothing he does. Ok, maybe four. And I probably wear maybe 1/4 of it on a regular basis. In my defense I don't shop all the time.... I just never get rid of anything. I had a pair of jeans from high school up until I accidentally killed them with bleach a few months ago. And high school was 10 years ago. yikes.
But now things are changing. I have ordered myself on a closet challenge. I am wearing every shirt I have in my closet in order from left to right.... if I can't wear it or hate it on me... it's gone. I am now on day three... see my pretty shirt I bought at H&M in Minnesota last year. Still love it.
I did establish some rules for myself.
Rule #1: I am allowed to skip a shirt in order to wear the one directly after it in order. But I am only allowed to skip it once and then I have to wear it. Example being that I skipped the shirt I am wearing today on Thursday because it really looks better with jeans and casual Friday was the next day.
Rule #2: I get Saturday's off to wear whatever I want. I can't force myself to wear a button down on Saturday.
The only downfall to my master plan is that I am organized to the extreme in my vast closet....usually good but not now... I have everything sorted by what type of shirt, ie tank, short sleeve, long sleeve, jacket. And then its sorted by color in those categories. Its the only way I can find what I'm looking for! I have the same sickness that infects my mother and I'm addicted to black shirts.... I have maybe 7 that are hang up quality. So I will be wearing a black shirt for a week.... oh well.... I need more room in my closet. Feel free to ask me how I'm doing in the next couple weeks because its going to take me a long time... it will keep me accountable to my master plan.
After the shirts maybe I'll feel up to tackling the pants....maybe, maybe not. It sure does take the guess work out of wondering what to wear to work :)

Comments

cndygrl2210 said…
you are sooo my kind of crazy... :) i should closet challenge myself too... love your organizing system, i do that too!
Camille Platt said…
love it! and that shirt in your picture is so cute. i, too, order my closet based on tanks, sleeves, long sleeves, jackets, skirts, pants, dresses. although right now it's a bit jumbled because i can't fit into most of it.

we must clarify - do you have jeans from high school because you can still fit into them... or because you HOPE to fit into them again eventually? we all must know.
Betsy said…
Well they fit in high school, were a little tight in college, fit after I lost the wieght for the wedding and now are back to tight. So kinda...

Popular Posts