Front Porches and Funerals
The Can-Cam family headed up to Minnesota last weekend to say goodbye to Nana. It was a lovely trip overall. Lots of togetherness for the family and I really felt like the funeral brought me closure. I leaked tears like faucet all day on Monday and James determined it was at the pace we usually set for the cats. Thus coining the phrase leaking like a kitty dripping faucet. Everything at the visitation, funeral, luncheon and burial was lovely.I also got to spend time with one of my favorite people and best friends Megan. And wonderfully her husband Chris and James get along. My aunt Lizzie has this fantastic Victorian house in St. Paul that is enormous. I think the best part of it is the front porch. It has comfy wicker furniture and looks out onto a sleep street. Megan and I plus spouses spent the better part of Sunday parked on the front porch.
It was gorgeous weather (note the ice tea in my clutches-- always makes the day better) and I love watching fat squirrels fight each other. We don't have squirrels in the desert so I have become quite fond of them.Oh PSA here-- if you are ever prescribed an steroid and sudafed cocktail for an ear infection-- beware. I spent two nights laying sleepless in bed trying desperately to sleep. I snuggled up to James (he started sweating on me), I made up happy stories in my head (James started snoring and thus the characters started snoring in my head), I got up to go to the bathroom like three times (just in case that's why) and then I finally found solace by another insomniac across the way and zoned out to the flickering of his TV. The 2nd day I finally read the box of sudafed that said it "may" cause sleeplessness. That is an affirmative.
I am happy to report that we are headed back up to Minnesota for my cousin Claire's Bat Mitzvah in September so I hope to soak up some more time on the front porch then. I really think I need to go visit in the winter where my brain freezes when I go outside and I fall down a couple of times in the snow because I'm tempted to suggest James and I move up to Minnesota.

Comments
Megs