Bee- 10 months



Likes
Mommy. And Mommy. Where is Mommy? And when Daddy is home he gets some love too.
Being big and independent- oh she wants to conquer the world
Taking cat naps in the car. Oh the swaying can't keep a girl awake.
Trying to eat her hair bows that keep her shaggy hair out of her eyes

Dislikes
Laying on her changing table. Doesn't matter what is happening.... diaper, clothes, wet wipe down
Being told no....
Being pulled out of the fridge, off the dishwasher, off my leg, etc. Temper is starting to show.

This little head is all rounded- the no helmet was a good choice!

Teeeeeeth
Oh teeth. (I'm rocking back and forth now just saying it out loud) The first tooth was a unicorn. A once in a lifetime event. I just looked in her mouth and there was a tiny white tooth. She had been a little whiny but not overly. I took this as her continued campaign for siblings and being the chillist baby ever. Then came #2. We are on day 3 of misery for Bee. Just crying. Whining. Constant motioning for "up".... mostly to me. I can't cook with a 10 month old glued to me. Please break through tooth 2.... mercy I cry mercy. 
I struggle to even fix my hair with this little grabber

On the Move
Bee is still a speed crawler and is pulling up at every turn. She recently started inching down the coffee table or couch. She can transfer and turn around. No real attempts at standing or walking. It's not been encouraged by me.

She will be contained to the walker for about 10 minutes at a time
Sleepin
Bee has been doing well with sleeping even through her teething- it causes her to wake sometimes for a couple minutes in the middle of the night but she settles. I do admit to on our darkest days giving her a pacifier for the night. After 2 days she's back to normal and doesn't have any problems giving it up.
She is also in the middle of a three to two nap transition. She's just not wanting to give up the 4 pm nap even though I have to wake her at 5 pm to make sure she'll go to bed at 7:30.

Here is the schedule we're working toward:
6:15 Usually awake or waking
6:30 Up for the day and out of the crib
6:45 Bottle 6-8 oz
7:00 Today Show and Waffles with Mommy
8:30 Out the door most Mon-Thurs's to Oma's, Nana's or Ms. Katrina's
9:15-9:45 Morning Nap
10-10:45 Up and bottle 4-6 oz
Noon Lunch- baby cereal and purees followed by finger foods
1:00-1:30 Afternoon nap
2:15-3 Up and bottle 4-6 oz
5:30-6 Dinner- baby cereal and purees followed by finger foods
7-7:30 in bed

We're working with her to push back her morning nap so that her afternoon nap can be a little later and we avoid the 6 pm meltdowns. Sometimes if she takes an early morning nap we have to do a 4-5 pm cat nap. Sleepy girl likes to sleep.

Eatin
I've moved up to larger quantities of purees and using this cool Infantio system to have squeeze pouches for the girl. They have a spoon attachment now but she will eventually be able to use them on her own. I've been pureeing and freezing some of the fruits that are in season now. Peaches, pears, etc. I want her to have fruit in the winter when they are hard to get and expensive.

Here's an action shot of when James too over after I squirted carrots all over the kitchen. I'm a bit less methodical than him....I prefer to bang on things until they work my way.

Bee has been doing great with finger foods. Mainly because she gets frustrated with me feeding her and wants to be big. She eats soft veggies, fruits like bananas and clementine oranges, baby puffs and flavored sticks, cherrios and waffles. As the daughter of a dietitian I am insanely interested in getting as many veggies on that tray as possible. We are still limited by the no dairy, soy, shellfish or peanuts at this point.

Fav toys- measuring cup and the ambulance



Mommy Confessionals
Bee is my tiny shadow. Especially when James is away. It's all Mommy All.The.Time. Thus there is no privacy. I never even get to pee alone. And all she wants to do is pull up on my legs or sit on my lap. I'll have to remember this when she's 15 and doesn't want me within 5 feet of her.

One of the rare moments I escaped down the hall to load the washer- I hear a crash and come running- only to find Bee sitting in a puddle of red wine, splashing and grinning.

Bee was spotted in her pack n play at her Nana's playing with a dirty diaper. True story.



Comments

Laurie said…
Just to clarify...the diaper in the pac-n-play was a used WET diaper which had been left on the adjacent bed - thank goodness it wasn't a used DIRTY diaper. Nana fail. The girl can definitely pull up (and pull stuff in!) at this point!

Popular Posts