Subterfuge and green beans

This is the face of defiance. I'll give you that it's a cute face. We tried homemade baby food early in the game at 6 months. My food processor didn't get it fine enough and she gagged on it. That lead to a hunger strike that lasted a week and a half. I grundingly bought store bought baby food and she chowed down. I recently started making my own baby food again. She's 8 1/2 months old and could use some texture in her life.

I looked in the fridge pulled out some excellent peaches, some blueberries and then saved her some of the delish green beans I'd made for dinner. Presto, blendo, we had baby food. She practically drank the peach puree and I admit to sampling the peaches as I was blending and they were gooooood. Over a few days I repeatedly tried to feed her the green bean with a hint of butter puree and it was met with looks that said "why are you trying to feed me this garbage evil mother." She will tolerate green beans from the store. Ungrateful child, those were great green beans! The blueberries were a flat out no. I think the skin bit were not acceptable. Diva.

When she gave me the mulish look that said "I'm going to be 'all done' if you do not stop the madness" I pulled out her store bought banana puree. She started slurping that up like sweet nectar. I took to mixing a little of the green beans in there. HA. Take that baby. She ended up eating all of the green beans. I don't imagine that banana/green bean will be the next new baby food flavor but I'm ticking the win column.

This is how Bee would prefer dinnertime to go. Eating the wrong end of the spoon not strapped in a high chair.

It's hard to be mad at this face though. Especially in a tutu and babylegs. She is shredding up the floor and her babylegs in the process. She's been recently diagnosed with allergies so the persistent runny nose and cough have been found out and we're trying to vanquish them. I am not pleased to have a runny nosed child. Shudder. I hope the baby zyrtec will do the trick for her. And maybe she'll not have to hack during the night and wake us both up.

This is the view I have most often of the Bee. From behind speeding away. Come back....no don't eat that twig off the floor....(fetch twig).... nooooo.... don't try to plug your paci into the outlet cover again...mommy is too tired to stop you. Where is your daddy?




Comments

Popular Posts