Pretty in Pink

Maybe it's because I'm getting old. Or because I have long hair that's approaching Amish length that bores me sometimes but not enough to cut it. Or whatever you'd like to call it but I wanted a change. I went through a phase two years ago when I wanted permanent pink streaks in my hair. My hairdresser talked me off the ledge. They're very hard to maintain and quite stripping of your hair. So I gave up for a while but still secretly wanted a rebel streak in my hair. I started recently seeing articles on chalking that peaked my little rebel girl heart. I debated doing it on my own with sidewalk chalk but I really don't have time with a small baby to go stare at the chalk isle at Michael's. Until I found these.

This is called a Color Swype and it helps put pink streaks in your hair and will wash out. All of this is in theory of course. I was ready for an adventure so I ordered one off the internet and it was delivered to my door. That's the kind of commitment I can make! I washed and dried my hair- well dried it as much as I usually do which is semi dry. Then I pulled the color down my sectioned hair and repeated until the color covered the section. Then I gently combed through it to get the loose chalk out. I proceeded to style as usual after that- curl, spray and smooth.

Here I am all jazzed up on Sunday with my pink streaks and my matching tie dye hippie shirt. Bee was dressed hippie chic to match me. Loves it.

Close up of my stripes. I think they're subtle enough but you can see them if you're looking. I had read that if you have blond hair it may stain the blond hair for longer than dark hair. True to form some of my blond hair is stained a little pink (I've washed it 3 times and I don't bleach my hair.) It's not really a huge deal to me to have it slightly pink although I did pull it back when I had a client meeting at work last week but I work at an ad agency- pink hair isn't unexpected.

I like the results and it's not too extremely different from my normal hair color. I might order the purple for The Monster Energy Cup that James and I are attending in October. Then I'll go full on pit girl. Well as much as this girly girl can.




Comments

Popular Posts