Again with the embarassment

This is the face of a girl that wants to shame me in the swim school. It's horrific. Let's back track before sweet babe entered the water to our house. James hates to be late. Hates it. So he starts us rolling toward getting out the door to swim lessons a good 45 minutes early. It's only 5 minutes from our house. Despite my protests we have Bee in her swim diaper and cute striped suit and out the door. We arrive a good 15 minutes before it's time to line up for class. Bee is bouncing on James' arm gleefully when James starts to suspects "something" has occurred. In the swim diaper. Nonononono. We commandeer the family restroom and the worst has happened. Poo. It is now 5 minutes before class starts. We can't be that family that lets a loaded bomb into the pool. Unacceptable.

We wrestle Bee from her swim suit and out of the swim diaper. Her paci goes flying. James makes desperate grab for it but it hits the bathroom floor. I gag and put it in the bag to be burned later. I proceed to wipe and wash out the offending swim diaper. Only a mother's love and the desire to get to the swim lesson I already paid for push me through. James is sure that Bee is going to pee on him while he's waiting for me to wash out the diaper. I send him dirty looks and will Bee to pee on him so he shares in my pain. Alas it doesn't happen. The swim diaper- did I mention it was new and a white one?- is now washed and ready to go. Bee doesn't appreciate that we are putting a wet/cold/offending diaper on her. We hustle her toward the pool so that she gets distracted and stops thinking of her cold swim diaper. We arrive at class 2 minutes late. Boom. Bee did not express her gratitude to me before heading into the pool with her daddy.

At least James' swim trunks were appropriate this week for class. He was by far the best looking dad in the pool. Mine ladies, all mine. Bee did great and even deemed the pool water good enough to drink. yum yum.

There was work on blowing bubbles and getting our head wet. Progress for my fearless little girl.

I have continued the search for a "mommy approved" swim suit. James deemed the tankini I brought home a worthless waste of fabric. While it would cover my stomach, it didn't provide adequate goodie coverage. Back to Target it went. I brought home another more "sport" style bikini that may work but I need to look a little harder. I don't necessarily want to wear a rash guard over my regular swimsuits because they keep it sweltering in that pool area. The search continues!

Lessons learned for the week- we will not be leaving so early. We will no change into the swim diaper so early. Prunes just don't have a place in our household. Ever again.



Comments

Popular Posts