Master Bath Re-do

When we purchased our new house the bathroom gave me pause. Carpet in the bathroom. Sigh. 1990's would you please keep your new fangled ideas to yourself? I don't like to step out of the shower onto carpet and have water seeping everywhere. James hates carpet period. His goal is to eradicate it from the entire house like a bug.

In another life my handy husband laid tile for a living and I've been dying to put his skills to use. Off to Lowes I went to pick out some new tile for the floor. Good thing it was Father's Day weekend and they put the entire store on sale so that Dad's can get weed whippers and garden tools as gifts. We took advantage of the sale to score some tile on sale and hauled it back to the new house.

No turning back! James took a knife to the carpet and a chisel to the floor of the water closet. The nails in the pad of the carpet were all rusted out from water getting down there. Ugh.

Bathroom in progress.... there were a ton of cuts to be done so James had a lot of work to do to get it all right. Right in the middle of the project he started a week of work. He's working nights this week so he goes to work at night and then heads to the house in the morning. What a trooper!



We have tile! Yea! The finished floor looks amazing. After installing all the cuts, grouting the tile and stretching the carpet it looks amazing! James did such an awesome job and he is so talented. I am so lucky! The toilet is still living in the shower right now but I feel confident that it will make it's way back to the water closet. I think James is waiting for muscles bigger than mine to appear. I mean my muscles are slightly insulted but not really.

Comments

Laurie said…
Gorgeous!!! And so much more appropriate for a bathroom!!! Great job James!

Popular Posts