
James and I did a quick jet set visit out to Tennessee to visit my Dad & Kim and my brothers. It was almost like we ate our way through the South on the Betsy
nostalgia food tour. It was fantastic. It started with a late night trip to
Provino's- my favorite tourist trap
restaturant in
Chatannooga. They have the best garlic rolls. So so bad for you but so so good! This required cajoling and convincing from me because it's always so busy that the wait is super long. But going late at night has its advantages!
On Friday we headed to see my littlest brother, Eli, at his school to pop in and say hello. We were guest stars from Arizona...ooh
ahhh.... but being a helicopter pilot trumps all of course. Then James, Dad, Kim and I headed to Sweet Basil's. Oh the Sweet Basil's. It's a great Thai restaurant and if you go for lunch they have "lunch boxes" where they give you a little sample of everything. Always top on my list of requests!
After lunch we headed down the road to Cleveland, TN to visit my other brother, Alex, who is a freshman at Lee University.

It was a rainy, cold day but we toured the campus all the same. I got to see his dorm room and meet his roommate, also named Alex. We hit up the campus
Dunkin Dounut and just for kicks, I fell down the stairs in front of his friends. Ya know, just to add some spice to the day. With a high pitched
squeal and a hard fall on my hand I brushed myself off and kept on going. Sigh.

Dad and Kim headed back to Chattanooga to pick up Eli from school while Alex, James and I hung around for a while longer. I spotted an Aubrey's- my high school favorite restaurant and place of employment- newly opened in Cleveland we just
had to go.

James and I shared the chicken finger platter and it was just as I remembered it. Love.
Saturday Alex came down from college and we hung around a bit, ate some fajitas and watched some movies. James also cooked us some great
omelets and some even better steak. Yum!
Eli and I were playing
Kung Fu Ninjia on the couch as all siblings do- not matter what the age. And we got a little out of hand-as most siblings do no matter if your say 8 or say almost 30. And I kicked out one of his teeth. Accidentally.
Opps!

I must say I have one awesome brother. After the shock of getting your (baby) tooth kicked out he didn't cry at all and even said it was an accident. What a stand up guy he is already. I, of course, felt horrible. You see your brother once a year and you kick out his teeth. I'm sure he likes James more than me now.

Here's the three Ingram siblings- in order of height. But not for long- Eli's coming up on me fast and Alex is almost a foot taller than me. It's just not fair!

I had a great time with my poppa too. He added some new fish tanks in the basement and they even have a lobster! I heart lobsters- just not eating them.

After church on Sunday and a quick trip to Betsy hot spot, J Alexanders, we headed back up to Nashville to fly out. Can you tell who Eli didn't want to leave?? Hint- those are not my legs.
We had a great time in Chattanooga but it was far to quick! I'm hoping that the Ingram clan will be able to re-convene sometime later in the year for another visit. In the words of Eli- such short visits make you fee
jipped.
Comments