Secret Spots
James and I decided to go down to the strip again this weekend (read: I got cabin fever and had to get out of the house.)
I am ever excitable about penguins so we decided to go visit the penguins at the Flamingo. Wrong. Now I don't know if they summer elsewhere but they were not in their habitat at the Flamingo. In their place were some lame looking ducks. That's right ducks. Boring.
We did walk around for a bit and saw several weddings taking place. I don't know who these chicks are but they're happy to walk around in their gowns getting gawked at with their cigs hanging out of their mouths as they scream for a cocktail. Getting married on a duck poo scattered lawn with the bumpin bass of LMAFO in the background isn't my dream day. But who am I to judge?

We did get to see some flamingos... yea!
We decided to move on from the illustrious Flamingo and head to one of my locals secrets places I was wanting to try.

I mean how can you turn down a restaurant that serves Italian, Mexican and Asian food all at once? And did I mention it was adjacent to the Super 8 motel? James gave me a sceptical look as we plowed forward. Really, where is the trust?

I ended up winning because we got a salad, steak, potato, vegetable and a huge beer for only $7.99. And this shady little establishment has its own microbrewery so the beer was actually good. And I mean that since I don't really even like beer.
All in all it was a great night until James left his leftovers in my car. All night and the following day. Yup, it was 106 here yesterday. Yummy. He did go remove them and air out my car for me though.
I am ever excitable about penguins so we decided to go visit the penguins at the Flamingo. Wrong. Now I don't know if they summer elsewhere but they were not in their habitat at the Flamingo. In their place were some lame looking ducks. That's right ducks. Boring.
We did walk around for a bit and saw several weddings taking place. I don't know who these chicks are but they're happy to walk around in their gowns getting gawked at with their cigs hanging out of their mouths as they scream for a cocktail. Getting married on a duck poo scattered lawn with the bumpin bass of LMAFO in the background isn't my dream day. But who am I to judge?
We did get to see some flamingos... yea!
We decided to move on from the illustrious Flamingo and head to one of my locals secrets places I was wanting to try.
I mean how can you turn down a restaurant that serves Italian, Mexican and Asian food all at once? And did I mention it was adjacent to the Super 8 motel? James gave me a sceptical look as we plowed forward. Really, where is the trust?
I ended up winning because we got a salad, steak, potato, vegetable and a huge beer for only $7.99. And this shady little establishment has its own microbrewery so the beer was actually good. And I mean that since I don't really even like beer.
All in all it was a great night until James left his leftovers in my car. All night and the following day. Yup, it was 106 here yesterday. Yummy. He did go remove them and air out my car for me though.

Comments