DIY Campbell style

So I haven't refinished anything since my stepdad Peter and I refinished my 1920's school desk. I haven't tried anything out of his tutelage. So James and I had some hand me down furniture from my Mom that is a natural beech wood and not really the shad of wood I like. Also, the knobs for the swinging drawers had been removed/lost/who knows so you couldn't open the doors in a timely manner. So we decided to re-paint and update it.
First up is my night stand from my mom- It was hers before me and I'm not sure if it was a hand me down to her or not. Anyway, I didn't think to take a pic of it until I was primed- well all but the drawer. You can also see where James filled in the holes of the old drawer as the knob I picked out didn't line up.
Toulouse decided he wanted to help out and got a little white paint on his tail in the process.

And here is our final product! I think it looks a lot more delicate painted white and the Anthro knobs are just darling. So I think our first DIY (Do It Yourself) project was a success. But that means we have two more pieces to do to make it all match :)

Next up will be the dresser!

Comments

Kat said…
Love it!! Good job!!
Jolene said…
Nice work! It looks great! And Anthro knobs are always so cute.

Popular Posts