Working From Home Is....

So I got a part time job working from home.... Yea! Hopefully I'll be able to go off of unemployment with this one :)

So I'm doing some event planning but its on a per contract basis so we'll see how it goes.

So working from home comes with the good and the bad so here's my list:

The Good:
Getting up at 8 am and arriving at the office at 8:01 am
Setting my own hours for the most part
Getting to pop out of the office to go to lunch with friends or to yoga
Jamming loudly to Pandora all day long
Asking to go on vacation but without the constrictions of "paid vacation days"
No one to angrily stomp into my office/throw fits/engage in general bullshit office politics
Sorting/organizing while watching Maury

The Bad:
No co-workers to give me a break or to talk to- those that meow don't count
Not leaving the house at all.... some days it's all day
Having my office in my bedroom, it makes me want to go back to sleep
A very small desk. I mean it's small... it's an antique 1920's school desk
Not getting paid to surf Facebook when work is slow
Not getting paid until the event is done...sigh

So after two weeks I think I'm doing pretty well... I'm happy to be working again with flexible hours.

We should get James' schedule this week from the casino. Things could get interesting if James works nights and my office is in our bedroom.....

Comments

Popular Posts