Back Home!

Well, not all of us are back home.... just me... but James only had 8 more days and a hurricane to outweather before he comes home! Not to worry, the hurricane is suppose to hit North Carolina and not effect South Carolina. I'm a tad worried that Earl has scared off all the tourists that were suppose to go to Myrtle for this weekend.... we can only hope not. The pic above is my guy landing from a sunset tour..... so beautiful.
So Studly and I had a wonderful time together on my last visit out. He didn't have any full days off the entire time I was there.... I am mad at one certain scheduler.... but we did have some days where he went in later so we were able to catch a few hours at the beach together. I had my set up down..... chair, towel, umbrella.... gotta protect this milky white skin :)
I also got some time to hang out with some of the other pilots that work there. A lot of them are out there by themselves either single or with their spouses at home so it is always nice to get them out and about. Joe and Tas pictured above were my two favorites. Joe is moving to Tucson and I'm working on Tas.....after living in Myrtle, Tucson looks just lovely to everyone we talk to!

We ended up living north of the airport in a lovely area just two blocks away from the beach and I found this lovely little free parking place just by the house. I literally came here just about everyday for at least an hour.

Now Tucson isn't the only place with monsoons... I swear it rained just about every day I was there..... serious downpours....See below on the unfortunate consequences.....



All in all it was a great trip. This being my second stint out there I knew my way around there area and had adjusted to James' schedule. I went through 9 books, about 6 hours at the local library, a double feature at the movie theater and countless hours wandering the mall. I also was able to run errands for James and for some of the other pilots strapped for time. I became a den mom of sorts.... it was all fine and good until one of the loaders called me a maid.... sigh.
I'm very excited for my man to return.... 9 weeks away from home is a long time! Come home James! Come home!




Comments

Popular Posts