
That's right folks its ME-HE-CO time again.
This time it was for a very fun filled trip with my Aunt Lizzie, Uncle El and FIRST cousins Claire, Mason and Asher. Now being that I am still unemployed I got to go for the entire week. Alas James has a job and could only come for the weekend. I have learned that only coming for really one full day makes one bitter and to avoid it at all costs. The weather was a little cool by Arizona standards, only in the 70's and a tad windy but as always we were at the beach so it didn't matter!

Being the fair skinned
goddess that I am I came prepared with a full arsenal of SPF weapons included a 70
spf skin cream recommended by my
derm. I start every morning in Mexico by stuffing whatever Peter has created for breakfast down my throat and then retreating to my room to bathe in SPF. I'm really not joking at all. I bathe in SPF in a
valiant attempt to save my poor moles from mutation. And it never works! I say all of this to point out that I got a bad sunburn AGAIN. No boil bubbles but just radiation red skin. Not that I didn't reapply. I did. FOUR times. Blast. So that's why I have an obnoxiously large hat and a shirt on in some of the pictures. Damn sun.

So my
relatives are a hoot. Uncle El was
rockin sort of Bruce Willis inspired hat. Mason was obsessed with getting a tan while I ran for shade. Claire managed to entice us all into competitive games and then lost at them all (not for lack of effort). Lizzie took the merchants by storm. Peter forced us all to gain weight by cooking non stop-- really-- he forced the food down my throat. And Mom was doing her usual 15 things at once while
not getting sunburned. James was really the ghost of James since he came, was seen losing at Mexican Train
Dominos and left in shame. So it was a wonderful weekend with family. I would also like to point out that I ran on the beach for the first time.... I know... amazing. I don't know that I'll ever do it again, I felt like I was sinking and falling over at the same time.

So now I've got to go to the gym and lose the weight that I gained.
Uck. We will be seeing the
Krelitz clan again in September for Claire's bat mitzvah where I will get to practice my limited knowledge of Hebrew again.
Shabbat Shalom
Krelitz's! We love you!
Comments