Oh Mexico....
Oh Mexico..... how I love thee. I spent a long weekend in Mexico with my mom, stepdad Peter, hubby, and cousins Megan & Chris. We had a pretty uneventful ride down to Mexico, although there was a close call with a cow standing in the road.
Here is the gang out to Lapa Lapa, our favorite restaurant in Rocky Point. Great veggies quesadillas and margaritas. Although, if you ask for pico de gallo on a weekday, they will tell you its still at the store. Lovely!
We also made a stop at our favorite store, Mercedes, we picked up some new water glasses, a party pitcher and something else that I can't remember... hummmm.
I will preface this next story with the fact that I have developed and unhealthy fear of sealife. It might have stemmed from the Man-o-War stinging incident or nearly being eaten by a shark on my honeymoon, or really any of the above. So I don't like wading out too far from the beach for fear of sharks, jelly fish, man-o-wars, ect.
And my fears were totally vindicated! The above wound is from a stingray that Peter happened to step on. Not cool! My mom did rush to the rescue with meat tenderizer and a stiff drink. Peter seemed to recover fast but I have been left shaken. Again.
Which leads us to the picture above. So what would drive me to jump into the open ocean?! There are actually two answers to this question. I get motion sick and for all those who have not been boating in the open ocean, its a bumpy ride friends. So if you get the option to swim back to shore and not ride back to the marina, you take it. And it was hot too. (I guess I need to mention that I did take dramamine so I wasn't hurling over the side and my mom's a good driver... but anyways).I did scan the ocean floor before I jumped in for sharks. I must say I was the best swimmer of the bunch. Me and my diet coke made it to shore just fine but Chris was having issues drowning and had to be saved by Megan. All those swim lessons at camp really did work. Although I think it took Megan and I 5 years to pass the test...

Here is the swim that we actually made back to the house. Ours in the one with the two lapa lapas in front. Its gorgeous.... we have to thank Mom & Peter profusely for inviting us down with them. Its really quite spectacular.
This is me and Megs, you can't tell but we both have a cold in this pic :) We fake it well. Poor Megs got a cold right before she left and had one the entire time but was a trouper. I, of course, am an equal opportunity germ host and promptly caught her cold. Typical, I know.We had a wonderful long weekend with the fam, its so great to have 4 whole days of nothing to do. It was so good to see my favorite cousin and her hubby too. We are so blessed to have gotten to spend lots of time together over our lifetime and we always seem to pick up right where we left off.
We played lots of games of Mexican Train Dominos and of course, the Campbell's dominated in Jenga. We usually do. I even pulled through sickness and fatigue to pull out a victory, that is commitment!

The hubs and I managed to stay on top of the sunscreen patrol and emerged from Mexico white as ever. (as seen in photo above).
We will miss Mexico and its Mug-o-ritas, beautiful sunsets, sandy beaches and Mom/Peter cookin. But alas, we only have to wait until November to go again! We are headed back down with Mom, Peter and my aunt Linda & uncle Gary. They are going deep sea fishing... I gonna go ahead and pass on that one.

Comments
I know we had a great time too!
Mapquest says Breckenridge is only a 13 hour drive from Tucson.... I think we could do it in 10 ;)