May/June Update
Summer Summer Summer. How fast you're flying by already!
Betsy & James
We have been super busy. James with working although that finally seems like its subsiding here lately. I've been just trying to keep everyone alive. We have a busy couple of months coming up with lots of trips coming up! Trips to the beach, Tennessee and a couple of girls trips for me! Yay! But all of that takes preparation so I'm trying to put my planning hat on to get it all done.
Fox
*Cut his first two teeth right smack at 6 months
*Started sitting up just before 7 months
*Has found his voice and likes to screech. I mean screech at the top of his tiny lung. Have mercy.
*Trying to reach for things, maybe looking to start scooching. I'm uninterested in having a second child on the move so I'm suppressing this urge by placing him in giant piles of toys. If I so much as catch a grandparent trying to urge him to crawl I will NOT take this offense lightly and let him vomit at will on something made of silk.
Little Fox has had many sleep transitions in the last two months. He was evicted from his beloved rock n play at 7 months. Then we decided summer and the magic merlin sleep suit didn't jive so we took him out of that at 6 1/2 months. Once he got into the pack in play we kept him in a sleep sack for a while to help with the transition but it was hindering his rolling so he lost that at 7 1/2 months. He sleeps mostly in his pack n play but we still use his swing almost every day. I will let him sleep in that swing until he can crawl out of it. It is my crutch and I know it. It is my crutch and I love it. I'm tired people. Tired. He likes to sleep on his side all snuggly with his tiny blanket. He's consistently on two naps. One around 8:30-9 am and then around 12:30-1pm then "to bed" at 6:30-6:45 pm. And by "to bed" we mean he doesn't leave his room for the night. He still is needing his official last feed at 10 pm and we strive not to eat after that. Unless its Armageddon in there, then all bets are off. He's nooooooooot what we would call a great sleeper. He would tell you he's not sleeping through the night and not trying. I'd tell you he's not sleeping through the night and I'm begging him to.
Fox is a great eater since we started introducing solid foods at 6 months. He eats everything- fruits, veggies, grains. He's still diary free in breast milk. He has some issues with some clogging of the pipes though. Poor fella. We've had to eliminate bananas, rice and apples from his diet to grease the wheel a bit. I'm hoping that this helps his tummy troubles. I just can't seem to get a kid with a hearty digestive track. I whole heartedly blame James.
Bee
Funny sayings:
"No, yes please." - that's a polite way to decline something
"It's wronging!" - something is off- toe hanging out of a flip flop, something pulling hair, etc
"Apologize." - when asked to apologize.
"Hold you." - said all the time, in reference to someone needing to hold her
"I can't see you!" - when the bluetooth is being used in the car. She thinks every call should be on Facetime. And heaven help you if you don't have an iphone or ipad, Bee can not tolerate a world where that is so.
Temper. Temper. The temper in this house is not residing in our red head. We have a very strong willed and opinionated toddler. She is still full on tantruming, throwing herself on the floor, kicking, smacking the floor and generally frustrated about everything. She's full on Jekyll and Hyde. No, she doesn't want to go to bed. No, she doesn't want to take a nap. No, she doesn't want to do anything. Anything. I pray for patience and guidance for my willful child daily. I'm sure God will give her docile lambs for children that like to color quietly by themselves for hours on end. She doesn't like to do anything that isn't her own idea. She's not potty trained and not trying. She's not interested in a big girl bed and her booty is firmly placed in her crib. She's not even interested in dressing herself. I could care less. She has her whole life to be big. We'll work out the details on the rest of it before kindergarten.
Right now her hot "I want" item of the day is to "give Lizzi and Jacob a bath." This entails her grabbing a stool and parking it in front of "her sink." Sorry James. You don't have a sink anymore. There are two hand towels arranged to stem to flow of water on each side. Then it's time for roll call- there is Lizzi (named for her great aunt,) there is Jacob (named for a dog,) there is Paula (named for her great aunt,) and there is Uncle Jeremy (take a guess.) They all need to be present and in the sink to be bathed, flung on the floor and sloshed on the mirror. It pleases me greatly to have cold water pelted at me when I'm trying to put on mascara. I usually have Bee playing in the sink to my left and Fox jumping in the doorway of the closet to my right. All my people within a master bath. So cozy. Good thing James isn't high maintenance.
![]() |
| The circus is fascinating |
We have been super busy. James with working although that finally seems like its subsiding here lately. I've been just trying to keep everyone alive. We have a busy couple of months coming up with lots of trips coming up! Trips to the beach, Tennessee and a couple of girls trips for me! Yay! But all of that takes preparation so I'm trying to put my planning hat on to get it all done.
| Tiny patriot on the 4th of July |
Fox
*Cut his first two teeth right smack at 6 months
*Started sitting up just before 7 months
*Has found his voice and likes to screech. I mean screech at the top of his tiny lung. Have mercy.
*Trying to reach for things, maybe looking to start scooching. I'm uninterested in having a second child on the move so I'm suppressing this urge by placing him in giant piles of toys. If I so much as catch a grandparent trying to urge him to crawl I will NOT take this offense lightly and let him vomit at will on something made of silk.
![]() |
| First hair cut by Daddy! |
Little Fox has had many sleep transitions in the last two months. He was evicted from his beloved rock n play at 7 months. Then we decided summer and the magic merlin sleep suit didn't jive so we took him out of that at 6 1/2 months. Once he got into the pack in play we kept him in a sleep sack for a while to help with the transition but it was hindering his rolling so he lost that at 7 1/2 months. He sleeps mostly in his pack n play but we still use his swing almost every day. I will let him sleep in that swing until he can crawl out of it. It is my crutch and I know it. It is my crutch and I love it. I'm tired people. Tired. He likes to sleep on his side all snuggly with his tiny blanket. He's consistently on two naps. One around 8:30-9 am and then around 12:30-1pm then "to bed" at 6:30-6:45 pm. And by "to bed" we mean he doesn't leave his room for the night. He still is needing his official last feed at 10 pm and we strive not to eat after that. Unless its Armageddon in there, then all bets are off. He's nooooooooot what we would call a great sleeper. He would tell you he's not sleeping through the night and not trying. I'd tell you he's not sleeping through the night and I'm begging him to.
Fox is a great eater since we started introducing solid foods at 6 months. He eats everything- fruits, veggies, grains. He's still diary free in breast milk. He has some issues with some clogging of the pipes though. Poor fella. We've had to eliminate bananas, rice and apples from his diet to grease the wheel a bit. I'm hoping that this helps his tummy troubles. I just can't seem to get a kid with a hearty digestive track. I whole heartedly blame James.
![]() |
| Morning snuggles |
Bee
Funny sayings:
"No, yes please." - that's a polite way to decline something
"It's wronging!" - something is off- toe hanging out of a flip flop, something pulling hair, etc
"Apologize." - when asked to apologize.
"Hold you." - said all the time, in reference to someone needing to hold her
"I can't see you!" - when the bluetooth is being used in the car. She thinks every call should be on Facetime. And heaven help you if you don't have an iphone or ipad, Bee can not tolerate a world where that is so.
Temper. Temper. The temper in this house is not residing in our red head. We have a very strong willed and opinionated toddler. She is still full on tantruming, throwing herself on the floor, kicking, smacking the floor and generally frustrated about everything. She's full on Jekyll and Hyde. No, she doesn't want to go to bed. No, she doesn't want to take a nap. No, she doesn't want to do anything. Anything. I pray for patience and guidance for my willful child daily. I'm sure God will give her docile lambs for children that like to color quietly by themselves for hours on end. She doesn't like to do anything that isn't her own idea. She's not potty trained and not trying. She's not interested in a big girl bed and her booty is firmly placed in her crib. She's not even interested in dressing herself. I could care less. She has her whole life to be big. We'll work out the details on the rest of it before kindergarten.
![]() |
| Loves to dance, dance, dance! |





Comments