I can walk!
I can walk! I can walk! (cue the theme from Peter Pan "I can fly, I can fly, I can fly!")
So it's been a bit since I did a foot update. I've been really focused on getting better and I've been waiting *forever* to be completely better. To close the book and say this is all done. I'm not there yet. Groan. I did just book a trip to Disneyland though so I'm walking pretty good to think I could do that!
I'm still in physical therapy although down to just once a week. I have trouble with my balance and flexibility in my ankle. I had a bought of tendinitis in my Achilles which set me back a bit but I feel that's under control now. I can finally walk down stairs now that its resolved. My ankle still gets stiff and sore at the end of the day and at the beginning. But goodness! For months every single step hurt. So to come from that, it's great! Still hoping to run again by this fall but not wanting to push it.
The scar on the bottom of my foot is looking really good. It's getting white and more like normal looking skin! It is very tender and a bit bumpy where the graft was. I still wear a band aid that has Vaseline on it along with some athletic tape over the band aid. It is way too tender not to have anything covering it. I have no idea how long it will be before I can walk barefoot. I am supposed to go back to see my surgeon in two weeks to let her see my foot to see if further revisions to the scar are needed. I haven't made the appointment because I'm just nervous to see her. She's a great surgeon but wields the scalpel with zest. I'd lose my ever loving mind if I had to use the cane again. I need to keep my short term vision unclouded by the long term. I remain focused on my long term recovery but more cuts seem daunting.
I can't wear any type of sandal or flip flop yet. I'm confined to my Toms, running shoes or converse sneakers. To an Arizonan this is just death in the summer. We like to wear our flip flops 9 months out of the year. My foot just feels a little unstable without the support of a shoe around it. Maybe next summer. It'll be like having a whole new shoe wardrobe by then!
The scar on my leg is doing ok. It's still very tender and had keloided unfortunately. It's a bit numb and very tender to the touch. As in I can't even put my car keys in the pocket of my shorts on that side. I put Mederma on it after I get out of the shower to little result. And this is when I actually get to shower. And get ready without stopping 18 times. So am I consistent.....not really. I'm actually scared to show my surgeon the scar. I'm afraid she'll come at me with lasers or needles or scalpels. *shudder* I'll probably just wear pants and hope she doesn't ask to see it.
My next mole check is next week. I may lose a couple more spots in the process but praying no more cancer. Stay pale my friends.
So it's been a bit since I did a foot update. I've been really focused on getting better and I've been waiting *forever* to be completely better. To close the book and say this is all done. I'm not there yet. Groan. I did just book a trip to Disneyland though so I'm walking pretty good to think I could do that!
I'm still in physical therapy although down to just once a week. I have trouble with my balance and flexibility in my ankle. I had a bought of tendinitis in my Achilles which set me back a bit but I feel that's under control now. I can finally walk down stairs now that its resolved. My ankle still gets stiff and sore at the end of the day and at the beginning. But goodness! For months every single step hurt. So to come from that, it's great! Still hoping to run again by this fall but not wanting to push it.
The scar on the bottom of my foot is looking really good. It's getting white and more like normal looking skin! It is very tender and a bit bumpy where the graft was. I still wear a band aid that has Vaseline on it along with some athletic tape over the band aid. It is way too tender not to have anything covering it. I have no idea how long it will be before I can walk barefoot. I am supposed to go back to see my surgeon in two weeks to let her see my foot to see if further revisions to the scar are needed. I haven't made the appointment because I'm just nervous to see her. She's a great surgeon but wields the scalpel with zest. I'd lose my ever loving mind if I had to use the cane again. I need to keep my short term vision unclouded by the long term. I remain focused on my long term recovery but more cuts seem daunting.
I can't wear any type of sandal or flip flop yet. I'm confined to my Toms, running shoes or converse sneakers. To an Arizonan this is just death in the summer. We like to wear our flip flops 9 months out of the year. My foot just feels a little unstable without the support of a shoe around it. Maybe next summer. It'll be like having a whole new shoe wardrobe by then!
The scar on my leg is doing ok. It's still very tender and had keloided unfortunately. It's a bit numb and very tender to the touch. As in I can't even put my car keys in the pocket of my shorts on that side. I put Mederma on it after I get out of the shower to little result. And this is when I actually get to shower. And get ready without stopping 18 times. So am I consistent.....not really. I'm actually scared to show my surgeon the scar. I'm afraid she'll come at me with lasers or needles or scalpels. *shudder* I'll probably just wear pants and hope she doesn't ask to see it.
| We are blindingly white and love it |




Comments