Bee- 13 Months

My "helper" sorting laundry
Oh sweet Bee you are 13 months old. You are spunky, spicy and a joy. I so enjoy watching you grow up!

Likes:
Being a little laundry helper *smiles*
Running, full on running. *head smack*
Being held between the hours of 5:30-7 pm *rubs temples*
Eating rocks and dirt *pours a glass of wine*
Trying to be a picky eater *pour more wine*
Trying to exert her own will & throwing a fit if it doesn't go well *guzzle the wine*
My emerging girlie girl

Dislikes:
Kale, spinach, garbanzo beans
Being told not to touch the toilet, eat something foul, get her diaper changed, etc


Runnin, runnin, runnin
Struggles
We are still trying to introduce things back into her diet. The eliminating the reflux medicine was a bust. We managed to cut it in half but trying to cut it down even further didn't work. It was sad to watch her cough and gag but now that we put it back to half strength she's doing better.We were able to add back in sweet potatoes- I think that was a fluke newborn reaction and she seems to be handling them just fine. Tomorrow we are going to try cows milk- just a little bit. I'm scared silly hopeful.

Bee has also decided to have free will. It's A-Maz-ING. Or not. She will throw back her head and shriek bloody murder if you try to pick her up when she doesn't want to. Its extra special. She also has started swatting at my hand when I'm feeding her and she doesn't like it. She seems to have her mommas temperament though. When she gets reprimanded she is just destroyed. I mean it takes her 20 minutes to recover. It's so over the top I have to bite my cheeks to stop from laughing. My gal has a flare for the dramatic.



First plane trip
My sweet mother took the family up to Minnesota to visit our extended family which meant Bee's first plane ride. I was nervous to say the least but I figured a 4 adult to 1 toddler ratio would be sufficient. It was an experience for sure. Due to a 2 hours wait to get checked in and to the gate which meant Bee missed a nap. Not a great start to get on the plane but we had to work with it.

I had a bag of everything I could possibly think of to occupy a 13 month old. Including play dough. I looked the other way when she ate it. I took her to the bathroom to look at the mirror. James walked her up the isle until the evil flight attendant told him to sit. Nana let her look out the window. We pulled out everything until the bag ran dry and then she fussed and collapsed. The last hour of the flight the baby slept. Bliss. I was suffering from flight PTSD and I don't even remember what I did. Maybe breath easy. A lady behind us patted me on the head and told me I was doing a good job. I arrived exhausted.


The trip was amazing. Nice to experience winter without living in it. Bee had no idea what to do with the winter clothes and layers. She face planted a couple of times out of sheer layer problems. My aunt has the most amazing thing that Bee has ever seen- stairs. She looooves to climb them and try to fall down them. She warmed up to all our family members and responded great to a party of 30 of her closest relatives. We had a wonderful, whirlwind time and we love our Norther roots!

Mommy confessions:
- I may or may not have cranked my whole body to a 2 inche portion of the seat so my kid could thrown bangles in the well of the plane for an hour.
-I have a crying tantrum on film. I did not post it on facebook but I'm saving it for a special day about 10 years from now. Yessssssssss.

Comments

Laurie said…
Such great pics and such a great trip that was! Love my girls and Daddy Campbell too!

Popular Posts