41 Weeks Preg

The pregnancy ticker at the top of my blog is mocking me. It says I'm done.....oh but no.

The eviction date has been set and I'm going to have my body back come hook or come crook! Out baby out!

Stats:
Weight Gain: 31 pounds (thanks so much for the extra week and the extra pound)
Progress: Yeah.... there really isn't any. I imagine her to be bracing herself with her tiny arms refusing to move down to the exit.
The Good: I'm feeling pretty good and still working
The Bad: Insomnia.....it sucks the life out of me
Dreams: Since I don't sleep anymore I don't have any dreams. I stare at James' back and want to pinch him just to have company.
The Funny: Lots of advice on how to get baby out.
There is the normal and the weird
Are you walking?..... really? Come on. Especially if you know me well, shame on you.
Are you -wink wink- having fun with James?...... *eye roll*
Are you eating spicy foods?......I give myself massive heartburn daily, I have to be medicated 24/7, serious
Are you going on bumpy car rides?..... does driving down Grant in the construction zone count?
Are you eating a box of raisins? ..... huh? I don't get it... someone explain
Are you doing jumping jacks?...... have you seen me? And you think I can JUMP?
You know you should be sleeping now, right?...... there is an intense scuffle where I emerge slightly ruffled and you're bloody

James has been super awesome husband and is just too funny. He's been able to go to most of my doctor's appointments with me and helps my big ass off the couch with ease.He told me the other day when we were at the hospital for my non stress test that I was a small killer whale in a sea of beluga whales. I think we were the only people in triage dying laughing for most of the test. Everyone else just looked miserable but I'm sure that will come later for me.

Comments

Camille Platt said…
ha. you are my THIRD friend who is a week overdue. poor gals. i was whining 10 days early when mine came... i was not the trooper you are. and the advice never ends!

i found that i got more sleep with a newborn than i was getting at 39 weeks. they don't really figure out how to wake up at night and cry for no good reason until about two weeks old ;)