Pregnant and Surprised
So I'm pregnant if you've been hiding under a well placed rock- 18 weeks! Yea! Shortly I will have the confirmation of my baby's gender- Yessssssss!
So things I've found surprising so far this pregnancy:
1) People are very interested in my breastfeeding plans- Um.....My boobs.... My baby.... Your choice? If you've never personally seen my boobs in the flesh... I don't think you're close enough to criticize.
2) People are also very interested in my weight gain- Only 6 pounds? Holy crap you need to eat more! Eat.... Eat.... You've gained 6 pounds? Geez.....now wonder you look so big already. Um.... again... my body... my baby.... Your opinion? Let me shove a human up your vahoozle and see how much weight you gain carrying it. *kiss kiss*
3) People also are insanely opinionated about my caffeine intake.... so yeah, you're allowed to have some caffeine. If you see me guzzling a Big Gulp filled with soda then maybe say something but if you're trying to pry my ONE cup of half-caf coffee with milk in it from cranky little hands you better be carrying a weapon. If you want to know why I'm cranky see item 6.
4) People are very interested in touching me. Not inappropriately sicko, just on my stomach. Some want to pat it, some poke it, some want to rub it.... just it's a desire to reach out and touch me. Now if you're my husband, my mom or my close friend then there are a different set of rules for you. Buuuuuutttt if you aren't then I'm gonna give you the hairy eye and maybe chop off that hand as you're reaching for me. BTW- at this point I just feel fat, not cute and pregnant and you can't even feel the baby unless you put your hand in a very inappropriate place reserved for someone named James. Also, where you're patting my belly is actually where my intestines are shoved up into my abdominal cavity to make way for baby. So technically that's not even the baby and I don't have a tummy ache. I may have more tolerance when the baby is bigger and actually in an appropriate place to touch.
5) Round Ligament Stretching- Um..ok so no one tells you that someone smuggled the baby a butter knife and lets the baby repeatedly stab you with it during the day. I currently negotiating a truce with my child that involves a burrito and some Kool-aid.
6) Sleeping while Pregnant- So ok. Don't sleep on your back, you'll kill yourself. So ok, don't sleep on your stomach you'll crush your poor fetus. So ok, while you're sleeping on your side get a pillow between your knees and one behind your back and deal with a fat orange cat trying to monopolize your last inch of leg space and a snoring husband breathing in your face. Add in some back pain and see if you get any sleep at all. Its no wonder the bed looks like a fluffy battle zone and the cat is staring at me with distaste from the floor when I finally pry my eyes open.
7) Maybe I'm just crabby pants or maybe I'm still smarting from vomiting in public not all that long ago but please don't tell me if you had a breeze of a 1st/early 2nd Trimester. Especially if I've just told you I vomited. Like that morning.
But I finally feel like I'm getting into that "Honeymoon Trimester" I have a little more energy, I look a little more pregnant and I don't feel like dying all the time anymore....yesssss.
So things I've found surprising so far this pregnancy:
1) People are very interested in my breastfeeding plans- Um.....My boobs.... My baby.... Your choice? If you've never personally seen my boobs in the flesh... I don't think you're close enough to criticize.
2) People are also very interested in my weight gain- Only 6 pounds? Holy crap you need to eat more! Eat.... Eat.... You've gained 6 pounds? Geez.....now wonder you look so big already. Um.... again... my body... my baby.... Your opinion? Let me shove a human up your vahoozle and see how much weight you gain carrying it. *kiss kiss*
3) People also are insanely opinionated about my caffeine intake.... so yeah, you're allowed to have some caffeine. If you see me guzzling a Big Gulp filled with soda then maybe say something but if you're trying to pry my ONE cup of half-caf coffee with milk in it from cranky little hands you better be carrying a weapon. If you want to know why I'm cranky see item 6.
4) People are very interested in touching me. Not inappropriately sicko, just on my stomach. Some want to pat it, some poke it, some want to rub it.... just it's a desire to reach out and touch me. Now if you're my husband, my mom or my close friend then there are a different set of rules for you. Buuuuuutttt if you aren't then I'm gonna give you the hairy eye and maybe chop off that hand as you're reaching for me. BTW- at this point I just feel fat, not cute and pregnant and you can't even feel the baby unless you put your hand in a very inappropriate place reserved for someone named James. Also, where you're patting my belly is actually where my intestines are shoved up into my abdominal cavity to make way for baby. So technically that's not even the baby and I don't have a tummy ache. I may have more tolerance when the baby is bigger and actually in an appropriate place to touch.
5) Round Ligament Stretching- Um..ok so no one tells you that someone smuggled the baby a butter knife and lets the baby repeatedly stab you with it during the day. I currently negotiating a truce with my child that involves a burrito and some Kool-aid.
6) Sleeping while Pregnant- So ok. Don't sleep on your back, you'll kill yourself. So ok, don't sleep on your stomach you'll crush your poor fetus. So ok, while you're sleeping on your side get a pillow between your knees and one behind your back and deal with a fat orange cat trying to monopolize your last inch of leg space and a snoring husband breathing in your face. Add in some back pain and see if you get any sleep at all. Its no wonder the bed looks like a fluffy battle zone and the cat is staring at me with distaste from the floor when I finally pry my eyes open.
7) Maybe I'm just crabby pants or maybe I'm still smarting from vomiting in public not all that long ago but please don't tell me if you had a breeze of a 1st/early 2nd Trimester. Especially if I've just told you I vomited. Like that morning.
But I finally feel like I'm getting into that "Honeymoon Trimester" I have a little more energy, I look a little more pregnant and I don't feel like dying all the time anymore....yesssss.

Comments
PS - you look amazing! Love your pose next to your new ride :)