New Hot Wheels

The James and I have been on the hunt for the perfect Hyundai Santa Fe for weeks. Hence my incessant moaning and bitching about car shopping and car selling.

We ended up selling my Acura RSX to a ecstatic 16 year old girl (well daddy bought it for her) but it'll be perfect for her to roll around in. That was relatively painless process.... for me. James took care of (almost) all of it. *Golf claps to husband* All I did was tag along to make sure the potential car driver didn't abduct my hot little husband and sell him in Nogie for his boyish good looks.

After the disaster that was the first car outing we felt more confident with even more cash in our pocket. We went back to the same first dealer with the extra cash they said we needed to make a deal..... annnnnd they tried to sell us the same model car as the week before for 3k more. Pregly girl hit the roof. Mostly because I hate to be taken advantage of. We left in a huff. Again.

I gritted my teeth and then identified several other targets for our next outing determined to separate a weak one from the herd. It wouldn't be so hard this car buying thing but we knew from loads of research (by me of course) that we could probably get the car for several thousand below KBB. And if it's a possibility then its the only reality in my world. I negotiate for a living so I make things harder, I'm like a shark smelling blood in the water. 

Team player James started mid-day while I was at work still so that he could maybe do some scouting and eliminate some non willing to play ball options. Well my number one choice-by color, natch- proved to be the winner. All James had to discuss really was out the door cost because we had no trade in and we were already approved for outside financing. He ended up getting us our pre-determined price we wanted and they even beat our outside financing by over an interest point. James even got them to do a couple extra things to make our used car even more like new! I rolled up late enough to just point out a couple details that were missing from the car....uhhhh floor mats and drive away! James took care of everything paperwork wise and withstood the heat *more golf claps to husband* and Baby C has an (almost) new car to sit in. Already a little demanding soul but well worth it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay James! Congrats Mommy to Be and Baby Campbell! Can't wait to see the new ride!!!

Popular Posts