Final Surgery Post
Ok, this will totally be my last post about my surgery- promise!
It's just hard to contain when you feel so miraculously blessed by God.
I truly feel like God has taken my little broken vessel of a body and healed it through this surgery in ways I never dared to hope. I hadn't even realized the full extent of the disease and it's toll on my body until afterward the surgery. When it's such a slow decline over so many years I guess you just get used to living that way.
If you don't like talk about girl problems, jump ship now
Looking back both James and I can see some turning points when the disease got worse- including when it started growing on specific organs.
I've always had pretty bad periods- I tried the whole control it by birth control thing but it never really helped. They got worse in my early 20's with severe cramps, nausea and vomiting. But usually contained to a 5 day span so not horrid.
In my mid 20's things progressed to severe pain that lasted for almost half of the month with stomach issues that kept me up at night hugging the toilet and afraid to stray far from a available bathroom at work. Also to add more joy onto it I would swell up to 7 pounds a month in fluid and become very lethargic-thus whiny about being tired, sore and not fitting into my jeans (sorry James!). I even had to turn down a job because they had scheduled bathroom breaks and I knew that would not be a possibility for me when sick. I had always attributed the stomach problems mainly to genetics because my father has severe stomach problems and I resigned myself to having the same problems.
Not to be kept down, this led to multiple doctors appointments- stomach supplements, specials diets and pills with no good results. All that to say that I never realized all of this was one issue and it was literally growing all over my abdomen causing havoc.
I believe that God planted the idea in my mind 2 years ago that I had endometriosis from-get this Wed MD- and I haven't stopped trying to find answers since then. I even looked past my trusted gyn who told me I was silly and I needed to calm down about thinking I had it. (She's no longer my doctor) I also believe that God provided us new insurance through James' job in order to get this surgery and that it all happened at just the right time.
I've never experienced this kind of renewal in my body before but I seriously feel like I got my 22 year old body back! I have more pep in my step, I am not gaining a ton of weight every month and hopefully a 12 day ordeal will be a 5 day ordeal. And the biggest thing in my life- not one bad stomach day yet- a 4 week period without this is unheard of in my life. A.Maz.Ing.
It just is making the world of difference in my daily life and I can't stop crowing about what a miraculous renewal I've experienced. So this little girl is just feeling so blessed by God.
Ok the end. I'll quit talking about my intestines and their miracles.
It's just hard to contain when you feel so miraculously blessed by God.
I truly feel like God has taken my little broken vessel of a body and healed it through this surgery in ways I never dared to hope. I hadn't even realized the full extent of the disease and it's toll on my body until afterward the surgery. When it's such a slow decline over so many years I guess you just get used to living that way.
Looking back both James and I can see some turning points when the disease got worse- including when it started growing on specific organs.
I've always had pretty bad periods- I tried the whole control it by birth control thing but it never really helped. They got worse in my early 20's with severe cramps, nausea and vomiting. But usually contained to a 5 day span so not horrid.
In my mid 20's things progressed to severe pain that lasted for almost half of the month with stomach issues that kept me up at night hugging the toilet and afraid to stray far from a available bathroom at work. Also to add more joy onto it I would swell up to 7 pounds a month in fluid and become very lethargic-thus whiny about being tired, sore and not fitting into my jeans (sorry James!). I even had to turn down a job because they had scheduled bathroom breaks and I knew that would not be a possibility for me when sick. I had always attributed the stomach problems mainly to genetics because my father has severe stomach problems and I resigned myself to having the same problems.
Not to be kept down, this led to multiple doctors appointments- stomach supplements, specials diets and pills with no good results. All that to say that I never realized all of this was one issue and it was literally growing all over my abdomen causing havoc.
I believe that God planted the idea in my mind 2 years ago that I had endometriosis from-get this Wed MD- and I haven't stopped trying to find answers since then. I even looked past my trusted gyn who told me I was silly and I needed to calm down about thinking I had it. (She's no longer my doctor) I also believe that God provided us new insurance through James' job in order to get this surgery and that it all happened at just the right time.
I've never experienced this kind of renewal in my body before but I seriously feel like I got my 22 year old body back! I have more pep in my step, I am not gaining a ton of weight every month and hopefully a 12 day ordeal will be a 5 day ordeal. And the biggest thing in my life- not one bad stomach day yet- a 4 week period without this is unheard of in my life. A.Maz.Ing.
It just is making the world of difference in my daily life and I can't stop crowing about what a miraculous renewal I've experienced. So this little girl is just feeling so blessed by God.
Ok the end. I'll quit talking about my intestines and their miracles.

Comments