Going to see the Angel


It's just another week in Paradise out here- if you think Paradise is 115 degrees and not a drop of rain! We finally did get a pic of that famous Las Vegas sign- if only from the car!

Our lovely friends Chris and Candy came to visit us and came bearing tickets to the Criss Angel magic show! Along with these tickets we got to go to a pre-party at a Sushi restaurant in the Luxor.
Thanks to the generosity of Southwest Airlines and the Luxor we had a lovely night out for cheaps! They had a variety of fruity specialty drinks- my favorite was on made with Orange Vodka which I'd never had before. Everyone else got to enjoyed the apps... but me... I declined my invite to the shellfish party. Sigh. It all looked so good but this was such a high class affair that they didn't even use fake crab in the sushi! I can almost always eat California rolls but not at this soiree! I actually tried to scrape some of the shellfish off the top of one very delish looking roll when James slapped my hand. Good husbands don't want to take their wives to the hospital. I grudgingly gave the roll to James and thanked him for my benadryl free night.Sniff. All of the shellfish did encourage me to branch out and try some tuna apps which were actually very good to my infinite surprise. Also, I made a killing on potstickers and ate everyones at the table so all was not lost. They had one of the coolest deserts that I've ever seen as well- in the pic above- Belgium ice cream! Those are actual balls of ice cream we're holding. They have some sort of gel coating with ice cream inside. It was so good!
After the party we headed in the theater to see Criss Angel- we had really good seats too! I have always been fascinated by magic tricks and these were top notch. I totally couldn't figure out how he did it! He even split a bird into two birds. I totally love any magic with animals because you can only control them so much. The show was really cool and I'd recommend it to anyone visiting the area. My only complaint is that there were no rabbits in the show.....I mean a magic show without a rabbit in a hat? I'm logging that request, Criss Angel!





Comments

Popular Posts