Tennessee Again
So I was a terrible picture taker on my trip to Tennessee.... my camera battery did die and I have no idea where the charger is. That is my excuse for spending 10 days with my family and coming home with no pictures of 3 of the 4 members.
In addition to the fam, I did get to see some of my college gal pals such as Kat.

Now Kat has converted to being a West Coaster (I finally have 1) but alas she lives in Seattle which is not quite within my reach in a car. But I thought I'd check to see if perhaps she'd be visiting family in Tennessee at the same time and I struck gold. Kat and Griffin were in town for a wedding so I made the trip up to see them in my hometown of Knoxville. And, of course, persuade Kat to go to lunch at Aubrey's. It wasn't too hard. Love those Spottswoods!
I also got to see my only friend residing in Chattanooga, Camille. I got to spend the day hanging with her and her son Aaron. Then she made the most painless lasagna I've ever seen and it was delish. I'm still counting on getting the recipe when she gets home from vacation.
Below are more pics from Alex and my trip to Samford.... you have to take the obligatory picture with Mr. Beeson.
And con some poor sweaty passerbyer to take a decent picture of the two of you where Alex isn't stooping a foot to make sure we fit into the same frame.
And a solo Beeson....

And a studly in front of the belltower pic....
In addition to the fam, I did get to see some of my college gal pals such as Kat.
Now Kat has converted to being a West Coaster (I finally have 1) but alas she lives in Seattle which is not quite within my reach in a car. But I thought I'd check to see if perhaps she'd be visiting family in Tennessee at the same time and I struck gold. Kat and Griffin were in town for a wedding so I made the trip up to see them in my hometown of Knoxville. And, of course, persuade Kat to go to lunch at Aubrey's. It wasn't too hard. Love those Spottswoods!
I also got to see my only friend residing in Chattanooga, Camille. I got to spend the day hanging with her and her son Aaron. Then she made the most painless lasagna I've ever seen and it was delish. I'm still counting on getting the recipe when she gets home from vacation.
Below are more pics from Alex and my trip to Samford.... you have to take the obligatory picture with Mr. Beeson.
And a studly in front of the belltower pic....
Highlights include:
1) My new food love of Chattanooga: lunch box special at Sweet Basil's
2) An addiction to the pebble ice at Sports Barn
3) Doing crossword puzzles in the morning while Dad reads the paper then letting Alex clean up my blank boxes
4) Dad's flat out refusal to feed my addiction to buttery, garlicky goodness at Provino's, I am still upset
5) Gaining a champion named Vinny who will forever stoke my ego by reminding me (and my father) that I am fing hot
6) Getting called my 17 year old brother's girlfriend at least 17 times
7) My last nights evicting my littlest brother from the "Thomas the Tank" room, it will be transformed by my next visit to "Scooby Safari"
8) Kim's flat beans... mine just don't taste the same
9) Smuggling cans of flat beans home in my suitcase and getting searched by the TSA because who would really want to bring 7 cans of beans with them in a suitcase and TSA getting so mad at my beans that they would break my hairbrush and toss my stuff around and cause my bag to miss my flight
10) Lightening bugs (enough said)
I love love love Tennessee and its rolling hills and green grass. Sigh. Nostalgia.
I hope to be visiting the Southern region again soon. Say... maybe... November... but we'll see.
AND I have to find that camera charger... boxes... so many boxes...
AND I have to find that camera charger... boxes... so many boxes...

Comments