Wait...5 years... together? Woah!


So I've been been with this guy for 5 years now....Woah!

He gives me that look a lot... I probably deserve it.


But this is my guy. He's wonderful! He is so very understanding of a very silly wife. He puts up with my cats that he's allergic to. He hardly every complains about the lack of closet space and never comments on how many of one color shirt I come home with. He cheerfully rubs my head when I have a migraine. He is an amazingly smart and is a phenomenal helicopter pilot of whom I couldn't be prouder. He tells me he loves me multiple times every day. He is understanding of the sometimes cranky mood. He lets me buy him clothes and actually wears them. He lets me dream of far away places and drag him where ever we can afford. He loves whatever I cook and compliments me on it. He loves my family and truly enjoys spending time with them. He never once comments when I spend money to go visit those I love. He gives the best hugs. He sees through the thinly veiled sarcasm and laughs. He has that smile that still makes me gushy and the cutest dimple. Most of all he loves me best.

So I love you James!

The rest of you can throw up in your nearest receptacle now.

And five years ago (on Thursday....James actually reminded me this year) we were headed to PF Changs for dinner. I changed out of my jeans and brown top into my black pants, white tee and jean jacket at the last minute suggestion of my mom. James arrived at my door in a black button down dragging his leg behind him (unlucky motorcycle accident). He figured out that we were going on an actual date by the way I was dressed (thanks mom!). We went to dinner and then watched a movie (Old School...not a fan) at him miraculously clean bachelor pad. He drove me home and gave me a very sweet kiss goodnight.

And then fast forward five years later.... married with two cats.

Comments

Megan said…
Yay, how SWEET!!!! I can't believe it's been 5 years...but it's true that the time flies when you're having fun! :) I love you both and am so happy to have you as the godparents of our firstborn child. Congrats on the amazing life and love you have created together!

Love,
Megs
Camille Platt said…
cute post! every season i pick a color and pretty much only buy that color. this spring it's plum and that deep gray everyone's selling. last year it was kelly green.

Popular Posts