Christmas Update
Ah Christmas- so fun but so quick to go by.
And I took not a one picture all of Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Not a one.
So we finally had a success! Mom, James, Peter and I attended St. P&P for Christmas Eve service- their Angels and Shepards service to be exact. James' dad is a deacon at P&P and his sister happened to be singing in the choir so it made for a lovely service. And his stepmom managed to save us some stellar seats. So we finally have a winner!
We then retired to the Canacakos household for our traditional Christmas Eve festivities- turkey, wine and presents. In the present opening scheme I realized that what James has been saying for years is true- I'm kinda hard to buy for. I realized that I personally picked out just about every present I was given :) James did sneak in some surprise stocking presents for me including some new crochet needles and a new alarm clock (both very thoughtful). I also realized that the bulk of what I always ask for is as follows: clothes, shoes and purses. Yup. So maybe I'm a girlie girl.
We proceeded to do Christmas breakfast with my mom, Christmas lunch with James' mom and Christmas dinner with James' dad. We have effectively gained a lot of weight in the process. Our trips went smoothly and we had a great time at every house.
I like to stretch out my new Christmas things over several days/weeks- I only wear one new thing a day so I can wear lots of new things for weeks. Today I have on a new necklace from James and yesterday I wore a new sweater. Yea for new clothes!
And I took not a one picture all of Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Not a one.
So we finally had a success! Mom, James, Peter and I attended St. P&P for Christmas Eve service- their Angels and Shepards service to be exact. James' dad is a deacon at P&P and his sister happened to be singing in the choir so it made for a lovely service. And his stepmom managed to save us some stellar seats. So we finally have a winner!
We then retired to the Canacakos household for our traditional Christmas Eve festivities- turkey, wine and presents. In the present opening scheme I realized that what James has been saying for years is true- I'm kinda hard to buy for. I realized that I personally picked out just about every present I was given :) James did sneak in some surprise stocking presents for me including some new crochet needles and a new alarm clock (both very thoughtful). I also realized that the bulk of what I always ask for is as follows: clothes, shoes and purses. Yup. So maybe I'm a girlie girl.
We proceeded to do Christmas breakfast with my mom, Christmas lunch with James' mom and Christmas dinner with James' dad. We have effectively gained a lot of weight in the process. Our trips went smoothly and we had a great time at every house.
I like to stretch out my new Christmas things over several days/weeks- I only wear one new thing a day so I can wear lots of new things for weeks. Today I have on a new necklace from James and yesterday I wore a new sweater. Yea for new clothes!

Comments