Christmas-hurry up!
I am so dang excited for Christmas!
Not just for gifts- I actually got the main part of my gift in Chattanooga and refused to put it away. So I am now carrying my Christmas present- it's a purse. I look at it everyday and say to myself- I love you Christmas present. James is a good sport though, I was suppose to relinguish said purse when we got home from Tennessee because I finagled my way into being able to use it because "we were on vacation." And when we got home.... not so much. I already had all my things in it... it would be such a pain to transfer for a few short weeks... pleeeease.....he didn't put up too much of a fuss... he love me.
What excites me most about the Christmas season is carols. I love love love that my church, Casas Adobes, sings Christmas songs the whole month of December. That way you get to sing a wide variety of songs and its not just confined to one day. James and I always go to Mom's church on Christmas Eve though- our church does a children's service so I'm not missing much- and the last two years have quite frankly been bombs. Two years ago we went to a beautiful cathedral that was gorgeously decorated. We sat down in anticipation for the- wait for it- carols and -wait for it- they were in Latin. Biggest. Bummer. Ever. So dutifully check the roster last year and go to the non-Latin service. We accidentally sit in a sunny patch and the sun beats on our backs the whole service making James and Peter sweat profusely. The carols were so so- they did sing Joy to the World or Mom would have rioted. The eulogy was only so so. THIS year Mom has been scoping out different churchs because our two favorites have failed us. We are in search of the perfect Christmas Eve service with rousing and delightful carols as well as a meaningful homily. Too much to ask?
I shall dutifully report on this years chosen venue.
I only have 4 more days of work to get through until my Christmas break! Yesssssss.
Not just for gifts- I actually got the main part of my gift in Chattanooga and refused to put it away. So I am now carrying my Christmas present- it's a purse. I look at it everyday and say to myself- I love you Christmas present. James is a good sport though, I was suppose to relinguish said purse when we got home from Tennessee because I finagled my way into being able to use it because "we were on vacation." And when we got home.... not so much. I already had all my things in it... it would be such a pain to transfer for a few short weeks... pleeeease.....he didn't put up too much of a fuss... he love me.
What excites me most about the Christmas season is carols. I love love love that my church, Casas Adobes, sings Christmas songs the whole month of December. That way you get to sing a wide variety of songs and its not just confined to one day. James and I always go to Mom's church on Christmas Eve though- our church does a children's service so I'm not missing much- and the last two years have quite frankly been bombs. Two years ago we went to a beautiful cathedral that was gorgeously decorated. We sat down in anticipation for the- wait for it- carols and -wait for it- they were in Latin. Biggest. Bummer. Ever. So dutifully check the roster last year and go to the non-Latin service. We accidentally sit in a sunny patch and the sun beats on our backs the whole service making James and Peter sweat profusely. The carols were so so- they did sing Joy to the World or Mom would have rioted. The eulogy was only so so. THIS year Mom has been scoping out different churchs because our two favorites have failed us. We are in search of the perfect Christmas Eve service with rousing and delightful carols as well as a meaningful homily. Too much to ask?
I shall dutifully report on this years chosen venue.
I only have 4 more days of work to get through until my Christmas break! Yesssssss.

Comments