Florida is for Players

i headed myself down to Florida last weekend for work and had a grand time. It takes a freakin long time to get to West Palm Beach but it is worth it. I prefer to work from the balcony of a resort any day of the week compared to my dungeon of a desk. (Yes Dad I will call my office a dungeon again on my blog)
We arrived on Saturday night for our meeting Monday so there was a bit of time to unwind and adjust to the 3 hour time difference. I roamed the ground in search of wildlife that I had forgotten about like cranes and dragonflies.... the sorts of wildlife that doesn't inhabit the desert.
I did venture out to the pool after our meeting on Monday and had a great time people watching. I kinda liked the kiddie pool better than the adult pool. I changed into my teeny pink polka dot bikini and trouped down to the pool. I sat in the shade of an enormous palm tree and read my book while sipping my $4 diet coke. It was an all together beautiful day.

While strolling the grounds of a golf resort, you realize how out of place you are when you are not the sort that plays golf. The group of middle age golfers marinating in the pool with some Bud Light after a long day on the course eye you with suspicion. The preppy wives in their visors and pastel golf shirts eye you in your flippers. I did fade into the background when an very opinionated gay couple had a raging fight in the lobby though.
I highly discourage connecting your flight in Vegas though. I ended up in the back of the plane with a bunch of drunks. I was quietly typing away at a proposal that was due today and trying to concentrate on how to sound the most intelligent I could having gotten up at 4:30 am Mountain time. Oh but no. The raging drunks on their way to "perform" in Vegas were giving me no piece of mind. And the flight attendants played into their drunken madness! They allowed (read: encouraged) them to sing not once but twice on the overhead mic. There was a curious party going on in the back galley where they told me "to push my way" back to the bathroom. And then there was an odd toilet paper race from the front to the back of the plane, rinse and repeat that again. I know its a long flight but come on! The older man in front of me did not appreciate getting bonked on the head with a roll of TP. But.... all but one of my flights on Southwest was on time... so I'll weigh that against my last experience with US Airways....


Comments

Popular Posts