Me-he-co

Oh Mexico.... how i love thee. Except when there is a hurricane named Linda blowing her blasted wind everywhere. So lets just say Mexico was as always wonderful but just a tad windy.

We fired up the Cavalier and headed down after work on Friday. James managed to appease me by not driving like a madman. There was only one passing in the double lined zones and it did not happen again. I had no desire to be thrown in a Mexican prison. And before you tell me that if I don't like the way James drives then I should drive myself, I'll tell you that he's the one on the Mexican insurance and he's the only one that can. So there. There is new border procedure when you're crossing into Mexico... Mom gave me the rundown... they are suppose to ask if you have guns or more than 10k in cash. Oh but no. They took on look at James and I and flagged us through. No way we'd be ballers in our dusty orange Cavy. Apparently we don't look like gun smugglers either. I chalk it up to my innocent doe eyes. James, as you know, is on the terrorist watch list (not kidding, ask me about it sometime) so it must be me.

Saturday started out like any other Saturday in Mexico... banana bread, diet coke and a magazine on the patio. James and I ventured down to the shore but i was wary of the water because of reports of Jelly fish in the area. No thank you. Been there, done that, don't care to repeat. I head in to cool off and discover that one of the 18 million movie channels is show Tremors....I shake with glee and proceed to make everyone watch it while I crochet a never ending blanket. I heart Tremors. I think it goes back to college.... I think Jolene and i developed an obsession with it at some point and it never left.

After Tremors we headed down to El Captain for some lunch on the patio. I must say I love love love El Captain. And they have happy hour from 11 am to 2 pm! Right in the lunching hour! Who could ask for more?

The night followed with enormous shrimp and Mexican Train tourney. Do you even need to ask who won? Oh yes... me. I have the record of the most wins.... 6 out of 7 tourneys. Ha ha ha. Take that James.


So really the waves don't look big at this angle but they are. We braved the wind on Sunday to go down to the beach and got sandblasted on the way down there. And the undertow was so fierce that I would only put my big toe in the water. So we moved on to other modes of entertainment.Like puzzles! I adore puzzles. Mom, James and I started on one after breakfast burritos were made. We puzzled, we took breaks for cheese crisps, we read mags.... it was a perfect Sunday morning. I didn't even change out of my PJ's until 1:30 pm when James was trying to drag me out the door. He had to shovel me into the car to make me leave. I was quite put out.



Here we are after I changed out of my PJ's with our completed puzzle. Peter didn't even wait 5 minutes before he shoved it back into the box. Not even a moment of glory.

We headed back over the border with no problems and are now home wishing that I had some vacation time so we could have stayed longer. Ah next time Mexico.

Comments

Megan said…
Oh Mexico, how I've missed you! I really really really REALLY wish we could go there soon - maybe we can take the baby down there sometime next year?! I can hope! :)

Popular Posts