
So the Can-Cam clan headed up to Minnesota this weekend for a whirl wind Bat Mitzvah weekend for my cousin Claire. We all experienced airplane delays and that is a
wholely different tirade. I will only say that I send US Airways my love and hope I don't have to fly them again in the near future.
Minnesota was beautiful and it was nice to see actual falling leaves. James opted to fly up earlier with Mom & Peter since I was stuck working (do you see how quick he is to jump ship?!). I arrived in time for the traditional dish
shesh with the
Krelitz clan in the kitchen. It's standard issue really, we re-hash all details of said family event in detail and no one is safe. Loves it.

My glowing cousin Megan is giving birth to My Godchild this March and we jumped at the opportunity to give her some baby gifts in person. So before the Bat Mitzvah we had a little baby shower. Including self made baby hats by Betsy Inc. I'm working on some matching booties for her in green and yellow since the sex is going to be a surprise.
Godmomma &
Godpoppa Campbell will headed to Iowa to visit our Godchild in the spring. I am thus forth referring to Megan's baby as My Godchild, the Godchild that I love or ,I guess, Our Godchild because I've got to share with James. (You could say I'm a little proud of my title)

The Bat Mitzvah party itself was a ton of fun. Like the old people that we are, James and I hit the buffet and settled in to watch the goings-
ons of the 13 year old set. I love love love people watching so it was a blast. We took to the floor a couple of times and tried not to act too old. I will say that Claire is so grown up now and it's so cool to be able to talk to both mason and
claire as people, not as kids.
James also dominated the family Polish Golf tourney AGAIN. He whooped up on claire, barely beat Mason but was ultimately brought down by Uncle El. Thanks goodness someone finally beat him because he was running victory laps and demanding to be taken for a ride in his chariot (read: trailer).
An all too short trip. My spirits are buoyed by the fact that Lizzie and Claire are talking about coming to Tucson for Your's Truely's Birthday (and the gem show, but that is inconsequential).
Comments