Girls Weekend!


So I decided that it would be good for my mental health to get away from the unemployment blues and get out of town. Two of my girlfriends, Anna and Candy, were itching to get out of town too so away we went!

We decided to go to Seattle since Candy's in-law's live there and we could stay for free. So for our official first day in Seattle we headed around town to see the Space Needle and hit Pikes Place Market. Which was amazing! All of the fresh fruit and fresh seafood and endless stalls of vendors. I couldn't resist some of the biggest and juiciest raspberries that I have ever eaten.

I did have a run in with some jumbo scallops but all ended well when I ran away. After Pike's Place we walked around for a while and Candy's husband did his best to make me carsick while driving around the city. And of course we brought the sunshine to Seattle because it was cloudless and 52 on our first day. Where was all the doom and gloom?? We spent out nights there watching chick flicks, playing lots of Mexican Train Domino and consuming mass quanities of sugar. I thought we were going to have to limit Candy's pixie stick consumption. That stuff is addictive! My husband calls it blue crack.

For our last day we decided to head up north to the Olympic Rainforest and be tourists in the worse way. Anyone who has read the Twilight series will know why we visited Forks. I was feeling pretty embarrassed with myself until we spotted some very old women traipsing around in homemade t-shirts. So we ate lunch in Forks and headed up to La Push beach. It was beautiful up there. All so green, its so much different than Arizona. And there was snow on the ground in parts! Snow! It was a typical Washington day for our visit upstate, dreary, cloudy and wet but it made for a realistic experience.

I didn't even think about being unemployed for two whole days which was miraculous. I had a great time but it was nice to come home to the sunny and 85 degree weather.

Comments

Kat said…
Did you see a werewolf??? So jealous! That's awesome, you rock my little unemployed friend! You'll find the best job ever soon. Good luck with the hunt!
Betsy said…
No werewolves.... just old ladies obsessed with Twilight :) Hope you and the Griff are doing good. He's got to be getting so big!
Melissa said…
I love love love Seattle. Daved's never been so we need to go sometime. It's so nice you got to get away!

Popular Posts