A Day in the Life of
So life has settled into a monotonous rhythm of unemployment. Here's how it goes:9 am- Drag myself out of bed. 10 hours of sleep just isn't enough for me sometimes.
9:30 am- Fire up the computer while chomping on granola.
9:45 am- Peruse the job boards while chatting with Alexis, Anna, Candy, James, ect, ect
11 am- Give up on the job boards and shower
12 pm- Lunch date with unemployed support group, husband or girlfriends stated above.
1 pm- Lunch is over way too early. Off to run errands.
2:30 pm- Home again. Back to the computer. Sigh. Apply for job as a secretary and get rejected for not having enough experience.
4 pm- Abandon computer in favor of watching Maury.
4:30 pm- There must be something better to do with my time. Nah. Continue with Maury.
5 pm- Start to think about dinner and where the heck James is. Maybe go for a walk with Anna or Erin.
6 pm- Make dinner or go to 241 something or other. Sometimes throw myself on the floor in frustration and let Toulouse lick my hair.
7 pm- Look at the clock and wonder why it is only 7 pm. It feels later. Maybe I'm developing cabin fever. Must. Get. Out. Contemplate escaping. If I start driving now I could get to the beach or Tennessee or really insert any place here. I contemplate how much money it would cost to escape, then cry and quit. By the way... where the heck is my husband? James.....James???
8:30 pm-James appears out of thin air. Spend time with James.
10 pm- Go to bed thinking about escaping again. Dream of opera glasses.
Rinse then repeat.
Ok... maybe its not all that bad :)
Tonight I am going to my 241 small group at Anna's house. We are having a Mexican night... that means Margaritas and pixie sticks. And maybe since its Mexican night we should pull out the Mexican Train dominos but Anna's husband might start twitching if we did.
Due to a good friend we'll call Candy (oh wait that's her real name....) I have become addicted to pixie sticks. We have a system in place. Candy eats only the purple, I eat only the blue and Anna does only red. So that leaves the orange to be distributed among our various husbands. Its really a problem. We need help. Stat.

Comments