Lab Rat Trials Phase 2

This picture is symbolic in so many ways....

So big news is that I've been accepted into Phase 2 of my clinical trial. They've decided that I am in sufficient enough chronic pain that they'll take me. Woohoo for pain.

I am going to pick up my trial drug on Monday, only bad part is for Phase 2 I might get the placebo. Which would blow. If I do get the placebo I wouldn't be able to take any rescue medicine until 24 hours after the migraine starts so basically I'd have a raging migraine for 24 hours. Which is not fun at all. Good news is I only have to treat one migraine with the maybe placebo/maybe real drug before I can opt in to Phase 3 which is all real meds. I think if they tried to make people go for weeks with a placebo and no relief some of us might go mental. Good move on their part. Lets just hope I don't get the placebo and the real meds don't fry my brain.

Not much else in the way of exciting news at the Campbell residence. I've kicked up my running after working the Tucson Marathon expo. If some of those people can run a half marathon, I think I should be able to also. We'll just not pay attention to the fact at I am the most broke down 26 year old I know. Who really needs their hip to work for running?

I'll re-cap my favorite convo from the Marathon Expo:
Annoying runner: So do you run marathons?
Me, serenely of course: No, but I do run
Annoying runner: Well why don't you run marathons?
Me, evenly: I have chronic hip problems
Annoying runner: Well whats wrong with it?
Me, annoyed: I had a couple of surgeries on my foot and I have chronic bursitis
Annoying runner: So are you going to get a hip replacement?
Me, incredulous: No, I don't think any doctor in the world would replace the hip of a 26 year old.
Annoying runner: Do you know this stuff tastes like crap.
Me, fuming: (silent stare of death)
Annoying runner walks quickly away from me

So the intense hatred for the general public will keep me from working another expo for a while. Even though the extra money is good, I can't afford to be seen flying over a table and strangling someone.

Comments

Popular Posts