Death to Joe- Revised

Now for those of you familiar with me you might be asking yourself why on earth I would be setting food inside such a seafood den of death. Fear not, I came with the intention of only grabbing a soda after a wonderful performance by my buds Anna and Marc.
The Campbell's, Rohret's and Sandin's ventured to the Joe's after a play last Saturday night to just hang out and catch up.
So here's how the story went.... we arrived at the Joe's around 8:45 pm. The restaurant was half empty and not looking to busy. We were told it would take 10 minutes for them to seat our party of 6. Ok sure.

We browse the t-shirts and my thirst starts mounting. It was a tad warm in the theater and I was thirsty. After 10 minutes the hostess comes back to us and tells us it will be another 15 minutes... the kitchen is backed up. I am mystified as to who they are cooking for because the restaurant is dead. James heads to the bar to get himself a beer and get me a tall glass of water. Now I want to make sure everyone knows just how rare it is that we purchase a beer at a restaurant. Being of the poor variety, we rarely buy alcohol in restaurants or bars or wherever because they are so expensive. But this was a special occasion.

James returns with his beer and I suck down my water. Marc is getting antsy as to why we can't even sit down and asks the hostess if we could please just sit down at one of the tables because we just want a seat and have no plan of eating dinner. We know the kitchen is back up so we won't order any food until they give us the word.
She scurries off to ask the manager and comes back to tell us he just yelled at her and said no because we would order and further back up the kitchen. Because we're that stupid.
So at this point she comes back to tell us we have to wait another 30 minutes before he manager will allow her to seat us.

I call stupidity when I see it and say we should leave. We send the other two couples off to get a seat at the nearest Chili's while we ask if we can just give back the beer and get a refund. The hostess goes off to find this never present manager. She is physically crying when she returns and says that no, they will not comp the drink and apologizes to us. Through her tears she explains that the manager had yelled at her again. The only thing that stops me from demanding to see this idiot of a manager is the poor hostesses tears. So James chugs whats left of the beer (3/4 of the glass) and gets a brain freeze. So I drive us to the Chili's where we are immediately seated and enjoy some desert.

So I'm not sure if their whole kitchen quit because of terrible management and the manager was actually cooking but I really don't care. We will never be patronizing the Joe's Crab Shack again because this is the second time we've had bad service there. So I urge you to think before you venture to the Joe's Crab Shack in Tucson.

****Update****
So after I submitted my comment on the Joe's website, along with my friends Karen and Anna, they actually called us to talk about the service that we had.
I had about a 15 minute talk with the Operations Manager and he apologized several times for our bad experience and offered us a $50 giftcard to Joe's. Now I can say that the few times that I have submitted comments on websites I have never gotten an actual call about it. I was very impressed with their customer service. Maybe we'll give them a try with our giftcard.... as long as nothing I have touches the scallops :)

Comments

Lucinda Perry said…
I'm shocked - and VERY pleased that someone actually cared enough to call you back. Hey, if it's a free meal, you might as well give it a go....that says a LOT for them these days - a phone call AND compensation. Maybe there ARE still good people in the world :) I'm glad they called you.

Popular Posts