Lab Rat - a life of
So I am a couple weeks into my clinical trial now. Still alive... yesssss.I have completed the following: Blood Test, Urine test, EKG, Chest X-ray, Spriometer test, lung function test.... whew! And I've also been weighed and my height has been written down. Oh the humanity. The lab guy actually tried to tell me I was 5' 3"! Hum..... he's a little suspicious after that. Its a well known fact that I am 5' 2 and 3/16"
I only have one more test left to go. A echo cardiogram this Wednesday. I get to leave work early... yippee!
I have also been outfitted with a nifty PDA to track the daily activity in my head. Since I have no home phone they even gave me a wireless modem for me to transmit my messages daily. I have thus far had 3 migraines. 2 mild and 1 moderate. I have no idea what they are looking for but I refuse to maximize pain and suffering by going off my preventative drugs. I adore modern medicine and want to continue fully supporting the medicinal industry.
Although, I do not understand why 1 emergency migraine med cost $10-- for one pill. This means in order for me to actually take said pill I better be on the floor curled up in a ball or be hallucinating bill goats in my bedroom. I fully blame my insurance for this injustice.
I have yet to see my money.... they say they'll pay me after my one month migraine diary is fulfilled. Since we are still paying for "The Scallop Incident" the money would go to a good cause. I feel like I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul but if I didn't try to die so often we wouldn't have this little problem.
I actually just got an e-mail from the Primary Immune Tribune about clinical trials for people with Immune issues....

Comments