Lessons in Blessings

So everyone knows that the economy is in the crapper and that healthcare is only getting worse. That being said, most people know that James and I swim in the shallow end of the gene pool. I am an equal opportunity host for all germs that need a home. And I have a lot of random crap happen to me ect, ect ect.

So after the whole "scallop incident" and James' torn ACL we have gotten the pleasure of a mound of medical debt. I hate getting the mail everyday and I dread having to call up the insurance company. Its just no fun.

All of that being said we have a sneaking suspicion that someone is looking out for us. And when I say someone.... I mean God of course. Time after time when we have the crap of life thrown at us God provides.

Just this one example for today, our insurance kicking back $200 of the cost of my emergency cat scan in the hospital during the throws of the "scallop incident." Oh joy. Immediately I get depressed because I already know the contents of our bank account. I put off dealing with it for a couple of days to fly to Tennessee to visit family. Within a few days James gets a call from the church asking him to be in a video they are producing. He tells James he wants to pay him $200 but James refuses and tells him $50 since its our church. The director refuses and says he's paying James $100 from the video budget and then giving him $100 out of his own payment just because he wants to. No amount of fussing from James will change his mind. So just as I was tallying up a payment plan to present to the hospital, who was already calling us urging us to put it on our credit card, I get the joyous news. Now isn't that just perfect timing or what?

So one bill down, 15 to go but I'm confident that we will find the money to pay them all. Even if the next $200 doesn't magically appear we'll find the money somewhere. It is ever amazing how God blesses us when we are faithful.

Oh and they told James that this is a series of videos .... nice.

Comments

Popular Posts