Family Update

Its been forever since I've written a blog. I know. I blame a rough pregnancy and having two small children on top of working and a busy schedule. There are all my excuses wrapped into one. But since I can't sleep here I am writing a blog!
Family of 4 & 2/3rds

Betsy and James
We are now chugging towards having baby #3! I was sick every day up until 24 weeks and only by the grace of diclegis did I remain functioning. Now I'm in my 3rd trimester and not sick every day but only a few days a week. I still take medicine when I know I need to be functional and because I just don't sleep. Other than a hard pregnancy the baby has been doing good and we're still on track for a surprise gender reveal in the delivery room. We don't have any names picked out right now. We have some we haven't completely vetoed but nothing that's firm. Its going to go down to a delivery room decision for sure.

Date nights are good for the soul

In large news from Betsy on the work front- I'm no longer working! I retired from my career as a media buyer after 12 years. It was a really hard decision because I worked for a company that I loved who allowed me to work part time and was super family oriented but in the end I didn't know how I would juggle 3 children and work. I retired a little bit before my due date so that there would be a good transition time in case they needed me for help because my brain doesn't function after birth.

In large news from James on the work front- he started a second career as a real estate agent! The main reason I'm not working is this secondary source of income. He's still flying full time but his schedule allows for him to do real estate on the side. God has greatly blessed us with a steady supply of work for him and we're so thankful for this new step for him.

In insane news from the two of us we decided to remodel the house. By ourselves. In my third trimester with two kids. We demolished part of the back yard to make way for a kids play area. We tore out the existing flooring in 80% of the house and are retiling it. Repainting the the trim and doors. Putting in new baseboards. Fixing the broken fireplace and doing a new surround. Small things really. I'll do another post with before and after reno pics. James has not fallen over yet from exhaustion and I'm fully aware of his massive talent in being able to do this on our own. He's not for sale.
My fancy girl in a dress, every day.

Bee
So our girl just turned 4! I cried. I mean she's just getting so big! I've got less than two years before she goes to school and then it's basically a march towards her moving out and leaving. *sob* I'm just grateful that she won't start school until she's almost 6 because of her birthday.

Big Milestones
* After telling her for a year that when she turned 4 she was out of her crib we took the front rail off the crib. Under massive protest she agreed to sleep in it with the rail off. Not in the twin bed that we have in her room that has been there for 2 years. Not yet she says. When she's bigger. Eye roll. Mark me- I am not buying another crib. She will get out of that thing before baby 3 needs it. She is doing well with not leaving her room and using her ready to wake clock for mornings and naps.
*We have switched her to cows milk successfully. We think, for the time being, yada yada. This will drastically cut down on the almond milk budget. She loves cheese and is ok with yogurt. So maybe just maybe after 4 years of trying we can have one kid ok with dairy.
*She loves princesses still but also ballerinas, dolls and books. She's a girly girl wrapped in tulle and lace and fluffy dresses.
*She started dance class! She does tap and ballet now. She's working towards a recital next year and can't wait to dance on the stage. 
All girl, all the time

Fox
My tiny ginger is about to turn 2. I'll cry. Just watch. He's getting big! Just not in the physical sense. He's still my thin guy. He still wears 12 month or 18 month shorts but can wear 12-18 or 18-24 month shirts. Just take a minute to be jealous that its November and we're still wearing shorts. We had to sew darts in his shorts just for him to be able to wear then and I'm gradually being able to let them out. I don't even want to contemplate pants. Its going to be a battle with him and clothes for quite a while I'm sure. And I'm putting lead weights in his shoes for his 2 year well check so that they think he might have actually gained some weight.
Helicopter shirt, truck in hand- check, check

Big Milestones
*He's actually eating *something* at every meal now. He used to skip up to two meals a day. Just look at his plate and say all done. He will now actually eat maybe 3 bites for breakfast which is a major win.
*He's almost, almost, almost off formula. He gets about 6 ounces a day now mixed in with his almond milk. We tried to transition him to cows milk and it was a big fat fail. By 2 he'll be off the formula so that is a win for the budget as well.
*He's talking like a mad man. At his 15 month check he had probably 3-5 words (mama, dada, up, no) but he exploded at 18 months with single words. Then by 20 months he added phrases like "all done" or "more please." At 23 months now he has full sentences like "Bianca is crying" and "I come with you." Just to make life fun he likes to be a little guy on repeat, if he is throwing a fit or wants something he'll just keep repeating "But I want it!" or just naming the thing he wants over and over again.
*He is a beast when he wakes up from his nap. Just a beast. I hope he grows out of that.
*He's full speed keeping up with his sister which sometimes earns him a knock in the head or a skinned knee. He plays princesses with the best of them but loves construction and cars. He has a favorite shirt right now that has a stencil of a concrete mixer on it. He asks to wear it every other day but Mommy doesn't do laundry at that rate.
He's funny about his feet. He doesn't really like walking in the sand or barefoot. Just like Daddy!

Comments

Popular Posts