Family Milestones
I can't seem to get the whole monthly update thing down so I'm going to stop trying and just call it Family Milestones. Then maybe every 6 weeks or so I'll remember to do it!
James
James has had a big last couple weeks. On top of working his normal schedule of flying he has been attending a 3 week long real estate class. This has left him with a brain of mush but he's almost done. He's working on getting his real estate license to have a second career in addition to flying. With having so much time off he's looking to have other things to do and to have something to fall back after his flight career ends.
Betsy
I've been having a lot of time at home with the kids so my eyes were starting to glaze over. Just in time I got a weekend away with two girlfriends and it was much needed recharging time. Getting a little sleep, a little hike and a lot of kid free time was super nice. I am in the midst of planning two birthday parties and loving it. I love a good themed party.
Fox
Tiny fox has had a big last few weeks!!
*Started pulling up at 10 months with the aid of his Daddy. Much to my dismay.
*Started to finally sleep through the night semi consistently at 10 months old. I can't even describe the joy that sentence brings me.
*Started to transition to formula at 11 months old. The cow dried up and then cried about it.
*Started swim lessons at 10 months old. He is my tiny ginger otter and he loves it.
*Mostly survives on milk and puffs. Sometimes throws in avocado. He ate one spoonful of cereal and purees for breakfast today. Mealtime is magical. The doctors recommended 3 meals and 2 snacks are just not happening. I'm already cringing for his weight check at his next doctors appointment. I should just start crying now because he's going to be ONE. Hold me.
Oh the ginger fox has had a big couple months. Most notably sleeping wise. He is still ringing the dawn bell usually anywhere from 5-6am. He is quite the early song bird but if he's not screaming during the night I can peel myself out of bed to entertain his demands for a lukewarm bottle of milk. He is on the move big time. He is speed crawling and pulling up like a mad man. Bee's world is shattered by this turn of events. She is trying to pile all her toys out of reach and has resorted to shoving him at times. We are trying to not let them escalate to full out combat. I did find Bee rolling him across the playroom in their caterpillar tube. That was pretty close to combat for poor ginger baby.
Bee
Big Girl Bee is starting to look like a little girl and it's breaking my heart.
My sweet girl is almost 3! I can't even. She is full of energy and life and all things threenager. She will dramatically throw herself on the ground in protest of just about anything. She is starting to want to do some things "by myself." Still showing no interest in dressing herself, sleeping in a bed or potty training.
Bee's big event lately was getting to see Disney Princesses on Ice. She was enthralled by the Frozen show and all the dancing. It was so fun to watch her have such a fun time. She is very excited for her birthday. This morning she told me it was my birthday today and that I was 1.
![]() |
| Everyone enjoyed our first lake trip |
James has had a big last couple weeks. On top of working his normal schedule of flying he has been attending a 3 week long real estate class. This has left him with a brain of mush but he's almost done. He's working on getting his real estate license to have a second career in addition to flying. With having so much time off he's looking to have other things to do and to have something to fall back after his flight career ends.
| Swimming with my sweet boy |
I've been having a lot of time at home with the kids so my eyes were starting to glaze over. Just in time I got a weekend away with two girlfriends and it was much needed recharging time. Getting a little sleep, a little hike and a lot of kid free time was super nice. I am in the midst of planning two birthday parties and loving it. I love a good themed party.
Fox
Tiny fox has had a big last few weeks!!
![]() |
| He would prefer to be exclusively held especially during dinnertime |
*Started to finally sleep through the night semi consistently at 10 months old. I can't even describe the joy that sentence brings me.
*Started to transition to formula at 11 months old. The cow dried up and then cried about it.
*Started swim lessons at 10 months old. He is my tiny ginger otter and he loves it.
*Mostly survives on milk and puffs. Sometimes throws in avocado. He ate one spoonful of cereal and purees for breakfast today. Mealtime is magical. The doctors recommended 3 meals and 2 snacks are just not happening. I'm already cringing for his weight check at his next doctors appointment. I should just start crying now because he's going to be ONE. Hold me.
| He's super proud to be able to stand |
Bee
Big Girl Bee is starting to look like a little girl and it's breaking my heart.
| Bee loved the petting zoo at the Cotton Festival |
My sweet girl is almost 3! I can't even. She is full of energy and life and all things threenager. She will dramatically throw herself on the ground in protest of just about anything. She is starting to want to do some things "by myself." Still showing no interest in dressing herself, sleeping in a bed or potty training.
![]() |
| A Cinderella in a sea of Elsa's |
Bee's big event lately was getting to see Disney Princesses on Ice. She was enthralled by the Frozen show and all the dancing. It was so fun to watch her have such a fun time. She is very excited for her birthday. This morning she told me it was my birthday today and that I was 1.




Comments