July/August Update

And here we come to the end of another two months. Geez. Time is whipping by my head and I don't even realize it!

Betsy & James
I am walking so much better! I am even wearing sandals on some days. Major accomplishment for me. I just took a 5 day trip back to my home state of Tennessee to see my family there. Like flew on a plane. By MYSELF. And read a book and watched movies on my Ipad. Totally more relaxed than with kids. My middle brother is moving to Austin in two weeks and it was our last chance to all be together. Sniffle. My peeps be growing up. This left James and my mom in charge of the tiny people. Fox decided to cut some teeth and just not really sleep while I was gone. This did not break them thankfully and now Mommy is back in full effect. Bee is pleased her most favorite servant is home.


James has been working less which makes everyone in the house ecstatic. He's also breaking in a new driver so that makes him a happy little golfer. He continues in the spirit of entrepreneurship and has several side projects in the works including a purple Buick in my driveway.



Fox- 8-9 months
* Started crawling at 8 1/2 months. Hold me. I tried to stop this.
* Popping out his top two teeth and working on some more at 9 months.
*Sleeping through the night some nights, not all nights and for sure not sleeping through the night when he's not at home.
*He's still 100% breast milk and we're hoping to get to the 12 month finish line even with dwindling supply.
*Eating purees and cereal like a boss. He's starting to try puffs and some mushy fruit.
*Since I'm a dead beat parent he hasn't been to his 9 month appointment yet so he has no stats. He's still a skinny guy but hopefully not still falling in the percentages.
*He still struggles with constipation and his reflux.

I have a crawling baby. I might start sobbing now. And when he started crawling he just took off like a shot. He's disappearing into other rooms and eating things off the ground. He's now trailing after Bee everywhere. Much to her dismay. He actually touches her and pulls at her clothes. Cue hysteria and mayhem. He slobbers on her toys. Life crumbling anarchy. She's already trying to manage his life and arrange it to her liking. If she doesn't want him in my lap then he needs to be in his walker. If he makes so much as a gurgling noise then he's fussy and needs to go to bed. Lawdy. I'm taking lots of deep breathes through my nose.


Bee- 2 1/2 years
*Inching toward three years old. I have not seen an improvement in the temper tantrum department. I keep holding my breath. Then I pass out.
*Has delightfully started hitting Fox in the head. Jealousy is finally upon us.
*Is amped up to go visit the princesses at Disneyland. I keep telling her we're not going tomorrow.
*Showing mild interest in potty training. Mild. And mostly to please her Nana.

Oh my girl my sweet willful girl. She's getting so big and looking so much like a little girl these days. I just love her big eyes and pale skin. She is all gangly like a baby giraffe that doesn't know how to operate on its limbs. I am so excited for the fall and all of the fun things we have slated. Disney on Ice, Disneyland, the holidays. Everything is so joyful for her now.

Comments

Laurie said…
Love your blogs, love that Campbell family!!!

Popular Posts