Family Update April
![]() |
| We went to a wedding! By ourselves! |
Betsy & James
Our Typhoid Mary 2 year old took down the entire house with a cold this week. It's been the highlight of my week. I love a coughing baby, a runny nosed two year old and a sick husband. Because James isn't run down enough from working like he's on a chain gang. I'm about to lose my ever loving mind over here. I have made multiple threats on James' sanity/golf clubs/body if he doesn't cut down the overtime come June. It will happen. In good news we are about to go on vacation and I couldn't be more thrilled. That balmy beach air, lots of family time and the most important thing of all- no cell service.
![]() |
| Only this guy is excited its 6 am |
*Sleeping through the night (except when sick, traveling, having bad reflux, etc.)
*Tried to take him out of his Magic Merlin sleep suit and that was a hell no, so the house is not arctic cold in the summer so that he doesn't overheat in his snow man suit.
*Working on dropping his dream feed. Mommy rejoices at the thought of picking her own bedtime.
*Moving to a 4 hour schedule with only 3 naps per day
*Barrel rolling around the living room
*Eating rice cereal only still, once he gets over his cold we'll try food
| Loving sitting in the walker in the yard |
![]() |
| Flower girl at her aunt & uncles wedding! |
Bee
*Started a reward chart with stickers and m&m's to coax her into telling us when she has poopy diapers. Baby steps toward potty training.
*Likes to gasp in dramatic fashion and say "I forgot my ________" as a total ruse to get you to get her something. Like at breakfast this morning. "Mommy! I forgot my milk!" No child, you didn't forget it, you want me to get it for you. Or look for something for you. Locate something that is 2 feet to the left of you.
*Loves her little brother. Loves to burst into his room and say "Wake up little buddy!" Loves to pat his little red head and order me to give him his paci. Slay me now Bee, my heart is already mush.
*A dress, every day, all day. We've restocked for summer and are now summer dress ready! My tall girl is wearing 3T clothes.
Ask her if she wants to go potty on the big girl potty. She looks at you with a "Mother please" kinda look like I'm insane and says "no." Child will not be peer pressured either. Ask her if she wants to be a big girl and she'll say "no." Same with her crib. Does she want to sleep in a big girl bed? "No, in Bee's crib." And do not dare tell her that her crib is meant for her brother one day. That will results in sobbing. At this rate Fox is never going to get that bed and he'll be in his rock n play until he's hanging over the end of it. One day he might have a complete nursery of his own. I should have just bought another crib. I underestimated Bee's attachment to her prison and my underwhelming desire to have her running amuck when freed from it.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

Comments