May Family Update
What a month we've had! Whew! We've traveled, we've been sick and we've run our wheels off. That's summertime for you! When you have this little face to keep you busy the time just flies by.
So we're having another baby! Yay! Right now we're 17 weeks along and dying to know the sex of Baby #2. Right about week 16 I emerged from the land of nausea, puking, laying on the floor and feeling like dying. There is no mistaking that I'm pregnant. I am almost instantly sick and all day sick. After collapsing in tears during breakfast groaning that I couldn't handle it anymore, I decided not to be a martyr this pregnancy and took the blessed drug zofran a good bit. Bee was my constant sickness companion. We'd sit on the bathroom floor together, we'd eat burritos together, we'd nap together. Bee would agree that she has suffered mightily for her sibling already since I laid on the floor for the better part of 12 weeks straight especially when James was away at work.
Bee has put in an order for a "sista." When asked which one she wants she's 99% sister. We'll have to let her down easy if it's a boy. Although I'm not even sure she knows what the words mean yet. We talk about the baby in Mommy's tummy but it's not clicking yet.
James has been working quite a bit but managed to squeeze in a trip to Mexico with the family for the entire time we were there! Bee gave me her cold the day we got there so I was sidelined for a good bit of the vacation so it was Daddy play time in the ocean. We all enjoyed the time away from James' phone and the demands of his job(s.)
We all enjoyed the lovely weather and the break from the grind though. I wish I could have a do over vacation without the cold and the early pregnancy icks.
Bee is doing great. She got to go the the beach and then go on her 2nd plane ride in a short 2 weeks span. We headed up to Minnesota to visit relatives since I don't know when I'll be up for traveling with 2 kids!
Quick bullets on Bee:
*2 naps still but maybe showing signs of wanting to go to one. James says please no no no please
*Enjoys a toddler diet the if it was up to her would include "dip" and "avo" with every meal. Still no milk products or nut products.
*We tried to wean her off her reflux meds (again) it was met with gurgling sounds and crying after eating. Bee would whine "mouth mouth" after every meal and need mucho water to wash it down. We'll continue to pay for her special meds.
*Talking, talking, talking. She's a mimic these days saying new words all the time like circus when we went to the circus or ocean from the beach. She's also starting to assign things like "Dada's hat." She has around 3 word phrases right now like "Play with me."
*She will throw herself on the floor if frustrated but responds to a stern voice and redirection most of the time.
*She is now destroyed when James leaves to go to work on his on weeks. She desperately wants him to stay and when he comes home he's not far out of her sight.
*She's starting to know her routine. She wants bacon on Saturdays since we do pancakes and bacon every Saturday. She starts talking about Oma and Nana about a day or two before she goes to their houses.
We took her to see the circus last weekend and she was just enthralled by the animals, mainly the elephants and lions. The human tricks, not so much. We were exhausted after an hour of policing her in and out of her seat so we left at intermission. She kept pointing to the elephants saying "SO BIG!" She cracks me up.

Comments