Bee 11 months

Likes
Walking in circles around the coffee table. Incensed if your legs happen to be blocking her route.
My make up drawer. Wants in it. Wants to touch it. Wants to shot put my powder across the room and break it.
Mommy to hold me. Especially when Mommy wants to cook.
Wooden toys. Likes to crawl with them in her hand and chew on them.
Daddy to chase her around the floor.

Dislikes
The changing table. Still.
Her allergy meds. They are only grape flavored and they don't do it up like Walgreens does. Snob. 
Bedtime- sometimes she gets livid when you put her to bed. Usually when Daddy is working. Thanks for that.
Watching Bighorned Sheep

Growin Girl
Little Bee has stalled at two teeth. No more have seemed to want to appear. She is babbling up a storm. Favorite sounds include a howl like sound akin to "Ahdooooo" and her lip blowing bubbles. She also is still saying "hi" while waving. Never apart from waving. She also says "bye" but seems embarrassed to say it so she whispers "bye." Whenever we talk about me being "mama" she pats me on on the chest but isn't great about verbalizing it. She's working on saying "up" and motioning for me to pick her up- hoping this will cut down on whining from the hours of 6-7 pm. She's also working on saying "All done." We do the sign for all done and she's getting better about showing us she's done eating. She can kinda make a sound like saying "all done." I might be fantasizing about that too. She uses the sign for milk interchangeably with wanting milk and being thirsty.
UM Pot roast! 

Eatin
The girl is a hoover. She eats everything in sight even if she doesn't like it particularly. She still eats baby cereal and pureed food first then moves on to finger food.  She tried some egg over the weekend and ended up vomiting a bit so we're going to hold off on the egg for a while. Her favs include avocado, peaches and bread. She's not wild about eggs or green beans.

Funny enough Bee went out to the fabric store with some avocado stashed behind her ear. I found it while we were getting some tulle cut. I was commenting to her on it and removing said yummy bit. The attendant asked me if I was married to a Mexican man. I struggled how to find the words to reply appropriately. She saved me by squinting at Bee and muttering "oh no, you're definitely not married to a Mexican." I laughed and said I was married to a very white Irishman. I guess it was true we didn't see many avocado trees while in Ireland but we do live in the southwest and everyone eats avocados.
One of her favs- MY waterbottle

Nappin & Sleepin
Bee has FINALLY been forced given up her precious 3rd nap. It was a long fought battle but most days she's a two nap a day gal. She now naps at 9:30ish am and 1:30ish pm with bedtime being around 7 pm. Bedtime depends on how long and good her afternoon nap is. We are getting out of the season where we can have her nap in the car on the way somewhere which is a bummmmmer for us.


Meeting the family
Bee had two of my Mom's family fly in just to meet one special little girl. My cousin Megan and my Auntie Paula came in from the midwest and Bee was just taken with them. It was short but a very sweet visit. We facetimed with Bee's cousins in Des Moines and she's excited to meet them later in the fall. I know so because she told me.

Cousin Megan comes to visit!!!
Mommy Confessions
I know she HATES the gym daycare- I still take her there anyway and she rewards me with screaming from the time I drop her off until they page me after I've been running for 5 minutes.

I let her eat fallen puffs and bits of bread off the floor. I'm just too tired to be bothered about it.

Comments

Popular Posts