Bee- 3 1/2 months

Baby Bee is 3 1/2 months old. Oh baby she's so big I can't stand it. Mostly so I remember her milestones here they are!

My Likes
Mommy and Daddy- either one or preferably both at once
My bassinet- affectionately called The Bass
Kicking on my playmat and turning clockwise only
My rainforest jumperoo
The Baby Bijorn but only with a paci in her mouth
Her orange kitty wubanub- affectionately called her Kitty
Gassing out her parents and laughing
The Miracle Blanket swaddle- all the time, every time- lovingly called the Baby Straight Jacket

My Dislikes
Daycare- we got called to pick her up on her last week because she screamed the whole time
Baths- tolerated but the smell of curdled milk keeps them coming steadily
Going to bed- even though she passes out 2 minutes after she gets there
Her reflux/acid reducing medicine- it's now tolerable after grape flavoring was added
On rare occasions when she wakes up and is starving. I mean it's like no one has ever fed her before and no one is willing to put a bottle in her mouth. For crying out loud get a bottle!


My Milestones
Laughing, cooing and smiling- that little gummy grin is just the best. She hides it when the camera comes out.
Sleeping good at night- only waking up once for a quick 20 minute snack
Eating around 4 ounces per feeding- prefers mama's milk, tolerates the Similac Alimentum formula
Loooong girl. She'll grow out of the infant seat in length before weight.
Wearing 3-6 month clothes now exclusively.
Going to her Nana's and Oma's once a week all day and trying to live without Mommy. Maybe it's the other way around.



My tummy hurts
My sensitive girl continues to hate diary, soy and nuts. Thus making the momma starved all the time. I sometimes give up and don't eat because I'm too tired to search out something suitable. I cheated last week and had a delish chocolate tart (two small pieces)- Bee had horrific diapers the next day. Mommy guilt is a hard thing to get over. No more chocolate for me. Sigh.  Milk production as slowed after I got a cold and took a minimal amount of cold medicine. Dried up the sinuses and everything else. Now we're back on trying to get more milk for the girl. I will not quit because our bank account can't afford me to. She still spits up a bunch even with her medicine but she doesn't cry anymore when she does. I have a older man crush on our pediatrician because he figured out all her problems and saved me from crying over a sick baby even more than I already had.

My arms attacked me and I don't know why
At almost 15 weeks we decided to roll out the unswaddle plans. Mainly because she is so long that she's going to out grow the bassinet really soon. In her crib she wiggles out of the Miracle Blanket that she adores more than most things in her life and ends up in a pile of blanket-unsafe and freaks me the heck out. So we went cold turkey after several attempts at one arm out. It was literally like the first time she'd ever seen her arms before and they kept striking her in the face with no provoking. Train wreck for the first day. Hardly any sleep, scratching her face and waking herself up repeatedly. I dreaded sundown and thankfully James was off works so we could double team her. She woke up twice that night which wasn't too bad. The following days have been better and better with her waking up twice a night which is hard to take a step back but last night she only woke once. Now on day 4 we are hoping that it just keeps getting better so she can get out of that bassinet and into the crib!

Comments

Camille Platt said…
haha. i swaddled my 2nd (with TWO BLANKETS, one on bottom and miracle blanket on top) until 9 months old because he kept beating himself up.

i had to give up caffeine with one kid. one day i cheated and had a pepsi and some brownies and there was hell to pay the next day.

Popular Posts